Battery Voltage Problem Solved by GARYK1970

gnX405

Big props for GARYK1970 - he is an expert in his field!

I have been unsuccessfully chasing a noisy battery voltage signal since I bought my car which has been years ago. The problem was a bit more complicated than most due to the fact that it was on an RX-7 with GN drivetrain where little is conventional.

During the TB.com Nats, I took Gary up on his public offer to provide help. Within a few short minutes he found the source of the problem which was a noisy power feed coming off of the ignition switch. He then quickly corrected the problem by installing a dedicated relay and the battery voltage signal became rock solid.

I will keep his skills in mind for future electrical needs, not just Buick related. Thankfully his shop is within driving distance. He told me that most of his clients get their cars diagnosed and repaired within one hour. It definitely takes a lot of skill to make that happen.

Also of note, during the TB.com nats Gary gave a prize to the person who drove their TR the furthest to the event. Actually Gary offered the winner from Ontario a choice of prizes: A security system install, a head unit install, or $250 cash. The winner elected for the cash and Gary paid him on the spot out of pocket.

Gary leads by example by 'going fast with class'.

-john

that is a super cool thing for him to do.
Both fixing your car and the $250.00 Payout
i guess i'll reach out to him about my Voltage issue.

Thanks John!! Glad to help. I get lucky now and then,lol