Battery not charging

ccbrett

QUICK 6
Hey guys had my car out today battery died tested battery battery is good. Alternator showing no out put so i installed another alt. Now battery still died is there any other link to the batt from the alternator other than the red wire from the alt to the batt just want to make sure im looking in the right spot. Thanks for any input.

Actually i dont think so cant remember for sure. If not what would it be a relay or something The thing is when the battery dies there is no light telling me that its dead.

On my dash the plug had come loose after the dealer repaired it.I had no clue till my neighbor that worked for Buick pointed out the bulb was not lighting up.I replaced the alternator and the battery before taking dash apart and fixing it.I think Caspers maks a kit to bypass this problem

Actually i dont think so cant remember for sure. If not what would it be a relay or something The thing is when the battery dies there is no light telling me that its dead.

The Batt light is an essential part of the charging circuit. If it's burnt out no charge

well found my ground wire broken from earlier in the day after replacing the altenator everything is bright now like alt is charging. but light still doesnt come on. will have to check it out.

Ok well took the car back to the zone got the alternator tester and the new alternator still doesnt put out any voltage. So reinstalled my old one also volt light isnt working removed cluster bulb isnt blown. I am going to remove the cluster again and try bending the prongs. Any other suggestions its definately an ignition problem because even taking volt reading directly off back of altenator im still reading only battery voltage.

The dash light should only come on when you turn the key on, it goes off once the car is running. If that light does not come on when you turn the key on(before starting) then the alternator will not charge.

Its not like the light comes on to let you know its charging., i am not sure if that is what you are thinking. There is the main red wire and the small connector on the back of the alternator... small clip

Caspers sells a kit : field fix

CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc.

It gets rid of the bulb in the dash.

HTH
BW

Check the braided ground strap going from the bellhousing to the firewall. It's slightly above the coilpack on the firewall. If that is loose, the altenator will not charge.

Check the braided ground strap going from the bellhousing to the firewall. It's slightly above the coilpack on the firewall. If that is loose, the altenator will not charge.

You sure about that?

The engine is still grounded without that strap.

BW