Barona over New Year's weekend

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
Except for the delays, it was nice to see more Buick TRs out at the track. 4 including mine.
A good day at the races.

Raymond came through and got our spot. He is The Man!

Traction was a problem for me. By the end of the day, the quickest I could muster up was a 5.90 @ 119. 1.35 60'.
Hopefully, the others will chime in with their results.

Donnie, you going out again anytime soon? And, are you still interested in trying out the wing/ spoiler idea?

Donnie, you going out again anytime soon? And, are you still interested in trying out the wing/ spoiler idea?
A bunch of us are going to Qualcomm friday night. Racing starts at 6pm.
I'm working on a ground effects thingymabob before the wing thing.

Well, not sure it will help at Qualcomm or not but I have access to a deck lid with an adjustable spoiler you could try out.

Post a pic.

I think it is lower/ smaller than what you had talked about on your wing thread, but this style seems to get the job done pretty well. It is a pretty popular style. I would be curious what the cars' reaction would be if you ran, paid attention to the big end stability, then put this on and changed nothing else and ran again. Of course, 1/8th mile may not provide enough MPH to really feel like it is a little squirmy on the big end, I am not sure. How does your Buick feel at ~120?

Attachments

• DSCN2506.jpg
    DSCN2506.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Race car 027.jpg
    Race car 027.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 103
The car feels very touchy at 120. It is definitely not a relaxed drive.
I'm game to trying the wing out. If that design works and ends up being all it will take, then that design would result in less drag than the design I was planning on using. It would also be a good test in seeing what sort of difference that design of wing really does make with our cars. The notch back and all.

How soon do you want to test this out? There's a TnT at Barona the following weekend.

I can pull it off today so you can use at Qualcomm or Barona, or both. I am on house arrest today doing wood floors but won't take long to pull the lid off. You can swing by and get it anytime today. I work tomorrow but should be off by lunch time. I work at 32nd st base, live in Otay Ranch area of CV. Will PM you my number and address.

I can pull it off today so you can use at Qualcomm or Barona, or both. I am on house arrest today doing wood floors but won't take long to pull the lid off. You can swing by and get it anytime today. I work tomorrow but should be off by lunch time. I work at 32nd st base, live in Otay Ranch area of CV. Will PM you my number and address.
I'll get ahold of you this weekend. I don't think the stadium will be a fair test. That place is like ice for me. I'll be dialing back the boost quite a bit and will be treading lightly. I'm going mainly to support the other fellas that are going.

If you want to wait on pulling it off, I can give you a hand doing it when I show up.

I'll get ahold of you this weekend. I don't think the stadium will be a fair test. That place is like ice for me. I'll be dialing back the boost quite a bit and will be treading lightly. I'm going mainly to support the other fellas that are going.

If you want to wait on pulling it off, I can give you a hand doing it when I show up.

Yeah, I assumed QC wouldn't be the best testbed. Too many imports messing up the track surface. ;)

Sounds good about the weekend, I don't think I have much planned other than doing these damn wood floors and maybe sneaking out to the garage to tinker a little.

Who all is going out to QC? I won't be racing because the 85 will prob be up for sale in the near future, but maybe could get a kitchen pass. Seems like forever since I have been to a track. Last time was with you and Ray out at Barona.

Yeah, I assumed QC wouldn't be the best testbed. Too many imports messing up the track surface. ;)

Sounds good about the weekend, I don't think I have much planned other than doing these damn wood floors and maybe sneaking out to the garage to tinker a little.

Who all is going out to QC? I won't be racing because the 85 will prob be up for sale in the near future, but maybe could get a kitchen pass. Seems like forever since I have been to a track. Last time was with you and Ray out at Barona.
I think Ray is showing up with his GN, Jim Borba with his Cobra Mustang, Rick with his BBF Pinto, Don with his GTO, Wayne with his Camaro, maybe Chad with the WE4 street car and some others from the Outlaw car club I'm sure.