Balancer bolt

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
What's the best way to remove the balancer bolt with the engine on a stand ? I don't have a impact wrench.

You can lock the flywheel against the block with vise grips or put the flywheel bolts in the crank and use a pry bar to lock the crank against the stand. Then use a long pipe to keep the stand from tipping while you use a breaker bar with a long pipe on the bolt. You may need some help holding everything.

No way to get the flywheel on with my stand, don't think I can get the bolts on either. It kinda sits flush against the stand in that area, any way to do it from the front ? Maybe this is a sign that I should leave it the hell alone, got a leak coming from somewhere and figured just change all the gaskets while it's out.

What's the best way to remove the balancer bolt with the engine on a stand ? I don't have a impact wrench.

I would call around to some shops and explain to them what i needed done and see if they had an impact wrench and socket to do it. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds to loosen.

Put the engine in the trunk of the runabout car or bed of the truck and drive it to them.

A little more time to do it this way but less hassle and frustration on your part and it would have been done by now.

Electric 1/2" impact from harbor freight. Not for all you pros but it will take the HB nut loose and can help in many other applications. Cheap for the budget minded.