Baddest Street/Strip Converter

WLDWST

Could I have suggestions as to what the best performing torque converter for all around use would be . I am installing a TE44, 3in DP, FMIC, alky and a set of HI-Z 55s soon. A chip will be ordered when I decide which converter to use. I am running the stock transmission right now with the stock converter and a shift kit. I want quick spool up and good street manners. Is there a proven converter and hard parts for this application? I am looking for high 10s or very low11s out of this package eventually. Is this possible? Comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for your reply 49-blues. I guess that TE-44 may be too small for 10s, but I can always upgrade it later. The TE-44 is on the car right now, so I will use that until it hits it's max. My main interest at this time is to get a converter and hard internal tranny parts that will do the job, support my goals, and still be streetable. I just noticed Cale22 posted almost the same question. I may just go the complete transmission route as suggested to him.

A PTS Xtreme 9X11, IMO, can't be beat in this category of best street/strip. That TC and my headers were the best mods to date.