bad torque converter

black-gn

how can you tell if your torque converter going bad because, i hear a loud knocking noise under the car when i press the gas pedal and some how my rear seal on the transmission pop out and the seal was new but the transmission shift good THANK YOU

Are you sure it's not the u-joints? They will make all kinds of noise when bad, and can cause driveline misalignment, maybe even enough to pop out the rear transmission seal.

-Mike H.

Hacksaw said:
Are you sure it's not the u-joints? They will make all kinds of noise when bad, and can cause driveline misalignment, maybe even enough to pop out the rear transmission seal.

-Mike H.
THANKS i will look into that today. will the u-joint have any damage to it or no damage when it's bad

U-joints are about $30-50 each. If they're bad they will be loose and/or make noise when being moved. You really should take out the driveshaft to check this. There are driveline service shops all over that can help you if you need it. Many of them have rebuilt exchanges ready to go.

This doesn't sound like a torque converter issue. And it's a lot easy AND cheaper to check out the u-joints before diving into the transmission.

-Mike H.