Bad sputtering at 25-45 mph

hern1982

Hi everyone,

Today my GN took a $h!t......Starts up fine, no problem gassing it in park and neutral. While driving it is ok as long as I accelerate slowly, but around 25 mph, if I try to pass someone I get nothing but really bad sputtering. It is so bad that at one point I held my foot to the floor and the engine barely stayed running. I also noticed that my boost gauge is not working at all. Not sure if this is related??? Maybe vacuum lines??? Car is stock by the way. Im getting 02 millivolt values between 015-050 while trying to accelerate. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Vacuum line is off probably. ECM sees lean condition and adds a ton of fuel. You have a rich bog/sputter.

Hi everyone,

Today my GN took a $h!t......Starts up fine, no problem gassing it in park and neutral. While driving it is ok as long as I accelerate slowly, but around 25 mph, if I try to pass someone I get nothing but really bad sputtering. It is so bad that at one point I held my foot to the floor and the engine barely stayed running. I also noticed that my boost gauge is not working at all. Not sure if this is related??? Maybe vacuum lines??? Car is stock by the way. Im getting 02 millivolt values between 015-050 while trying to accelerate. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Did you ever get this problem resolved?? I know have this issue.

:confused:

MY car did this when he maf started going. it got progressively worse until i replaced it.