BAD LUCK. NEED HELP

griffgoody

My friend installed my New Rebuilt Brake Power Master Unit. Car ran fine and stopped on a dime. He was messing with the fuse box and wires. And the motor on the Unit got VERY HOT and stopped running. So what do you think happened. Probably some wires touched. Can you get these motor's rebuilt for cheap. I'm just thinking about going to the vacuum setup thats on my GN. So if anyone needs a new acc ball or a good unit less motor. Let me know before i post on sale section. Because if its more then $100 to replace or rebuild motor. I'm gonna sale. Just by-pass brake electrical problems.

He could have shorted something but it sounds like the motor just fried on it to me

You state it was running great?? If it was running all the time, that's the problem. They Don't run steady, if it runs over 20 seconds at a time you've got peoblems. I'll bet it's a Cardone rebuilt (black motor?? ). They don't have a good track record, seems like alot of them have motor failures.
Can you get the motor rebuilt? NO.

If it was just "rebuilt" take it back, for a refund. Cannot go wrong with a vacuum boosted system.
It was a new system I got when I bought the car. Don't have a receipt for it. It was still in original wrapping. Several years old I guess. But oh well.