bad injector

pwhite

Just finished installing 38# injectors and the car does not like to start and while running blows black smoke and smells like raw gas. when i presure up the rail it bleeds down from 40psi to 0psi in about 15 seconds. have any of you had this problem and could i have installed something wrong? thanks

Did you get & install a new chip to match those injectors?!?!?!?

Doug C.

Yes I also installed a 307 FP hotwired & adj fpr. But both were running fine just hours before the install. Dconnor did you get your exhuast done at deerpark muffler. the owner said he had done a exhaust set up the same as i had done on a local GN.thanks

If it bleeds down in 15 seconds, then it would appear that an injector(s) is stuck wide open....it could be a bad check valve in the pump or a regulator, but from the symptoms you describe, it would seem to be the injectors....If the oil smells of gas, you need to change it before you lose the bearings or the turbo.

I had a couple of mufflers put on my 1st TR at that shop, my current TR has a hooker 2 1/2" system on it & they did the dronemaster on my Z28, my '72 Chevelle and my 81 Z28 several years ago. DP Muffler has a dang good rep & they do quality werk so it wouldn't suprise me if they have done several GN's from the area. :)

Sounds like a sticky injector or could be a combination of things (chip not seated well, fuel pump installed incorrectly, etc...) Did you unplug the orange wire at the battery before swapping chips? Did you re-install the pulsator on the Walbro pump? If these check out OK, I would suggest pulling the injectors & have them flow tested.

Doug C.