Bad fuel pressure regulator

squeeze87

Went to the strip today and on the return road I noticed the FP was 50lbs, instead of 42-43 with the vac line on. When i tried to adjust it down it wouldnt change no matter how far i backed the adjustment off. I managed to get it home but the fp was jumping around between 40-50 lbs the whole time. When I started it up to put the car in the garage the fp went up to 60 lbs! Needless to say the regulator is messed up. Has anyone experienced something similar? Is this what happens when they go bad? Are they rebuidable? I got it from ANS in Chicago and I think Pete may have gotten it from CAS. Its solid billet aluminum and looks like the one on CAS's website. Thanks

First you have to verify that the return line isn't blocked or kinked.

If it is the pressure will go up too and not be adjustable.

Could be that or the regulator.

I use the Accufab type so I can't help with that regulator.

Ummm, this seems like a dumb question considering i've been messing with this car for over 2 years, but which fuel line is the return line? the one on the passenger side of the fuel rail, or the one under the FPR. Now that i think about it it seems like it should be the one under the FPR?? Set me straight!:D Thanks

The line on the bottom of the FPR is the return. The pump pressurizes the fuel rail, and the FPR "bleeds" of the fuel to maintain pressure.