bad ecm...or what??

matt87gn

First I would like to say hi to everyone. Well, here's my problem. When I first start the car it idles a little rough then smooths out. After about 30 seconds to a minute of nice even idle it stumbles and almost kills. It'ls like as if it's losing ignition for a split second. It will do this once every 15-20 seconds, but only when it's in park. When it's in gear it won't act like this at all. I've checked wires which seem to be good, replaced plugs, O2, checked for bad grounds and vacuum leaks. I'm not sure what to do next, since trial and error can get spendy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Matt give the MAF( mass air flow meter )a couple of light taps with the handle end of a screwdriver , if the car starts breaking up the idleand stuff you can bet the MAF is bad .Could be your problem. Good luck

I did give the MAF a few raps and didn't do anything. EGR isn't plugged up, and I cleaned the IAC which seems okay (moves in and out) I also did the ohm check on the coil pack which checked out fine.

TPS worn?? maybe , i dunno come to think of it my car does that to a little , whats your idle at mabe its low . theres a screw you can turn it up on the T.B

please don't turn any screws on the TB.....take a look at the reset procedure for the IAC at www.gnttype.org and consider it (IAC) may be bad....a scan tool would verify this

I here ya Woody i made mine adjustible with a welded wased to the screw , so many idle problem back ago i just gave up and thought it was a carb or something:(

Forget that im on my sleep pills not making much sense.time for bed goodnite Turbobuicks and friends:p

Hmm does this only in Park???

Look under the hood at your steering colum there is a lever right next to the fire wall. Right above it there is a wiring harness. Check and make sure the harness hasn't dropped down and is rubbing on the lever causing a short.

Mine dropped down but I caught before it rubbed all the way threw.

Checked the tps, have it set at .46 at idle, 4.85WOT. I haven't picked up a scan tool yet, but should probably be my next investment. Wiring harness isn't rubbing on steering column.