Bad Coil Pack?

Swt_86

OK, before I start, I am reasonably sure this is a stupid question but I'd like to get a second opinion before I start throwing parts at the problem.

Found plug in #4 cylinder had a brownish gray residue on the insulator. Hmmm. Plug wires are good. Checked the coil pack with an ohm meter & got readings of 13.52, 13.58, Nothing - nada - zip no reading. The coil with no reading is the one that fires (or maybe isn't firing) #4. Time for a new coil pack?

Thanks.

how well is your car running? it has to be running poorly cause
if #4 isn't firing then #1 also isn't firing. only runnin' on 4 cyl.
get a new coil pack.

It may not make a difference but you might seperate the coil and module(the 6 torx head screws) and make sure the wires are still hooked up properly between the coil and module,,, although I don't know if that would explain no reading........

Thanks for the replies. I have learned long ago not to assume the obvious with these cars. Is it possible that the coil pack is firing - just not as well as it should. Could it be a bad module? The butt dyno says the car runs stronger than it ever has (fuel pump, chip have really helped) but it does idle rough. Going to replace the coil and see what that does. How would I test for a bad module? I really appreciate any and all opinions. :confused: