Bad car wreck, please read

im new to your boards..but you guys are amazing..im glad i found this site!! i have 2 boys that age and cant even comprehend what that family is going through...donation sent...
dan

Mark

I just wanted to give you a update. Our Owner has been in the hospital for 2 weeks with a Gall Stone's. I did go to the hospital but I was not going to ask him to submit to Ford for help with a donation while he was pissing stones and screaming. :(

We have had 2 meetings in our Motorcycle Ministry however last week I missed the meeting because I got stuck at work until 9.00pm, the week before that we had children's night so we all brought our kids and had pizza and played video games so it was not the time or the place.

I have spoken to our President of the club and we will be collecting this Tuesday night for the family. :cool:

I just did not want you to think I have been blowing this off, it has been on my mind. ;)

Thanks for the update Travis.

I talked to Raynie last night and she said she has received almost $500 bucks to date by paypal. The vast majority of the paypal money has been sent by turbo buick folks. The family thanks all of you!

By the way, Tyler is now home and very happy to be with his Mom and brother again!:)

mark you would never believe it.. Its the first time in 24 years the eagles made it to a superbowl and the city is OUT OF CONTROL. Im sick about hearing about the Eagles!

go eagles

I AM tired of hearing about the PATS DYNASTY. My cowboys of the 90s would have waxed their azz.

GO CHIEFS, MAYBE NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BACK TO THE FAMILY IN NEED, my check still hasnt been cashed and its been almost # weeks. I hope all is getting to them.

Ty

Originally posted by AZ Vic

I hardly ever donate to anything... I help anyone and everyone I can around me, but I never send money blindly like this.
Things have been put in perspective, and my little problems seem like nothing now.

Sent $50. I hope that helps a little. Maybe you could arrange for a collection box at GS Nationals in Bowling Green in May. Each vendor could have one. Also place one at each hotel.

Rick P.

Re: go eagles

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN

BACK TO THE FAMILY IN NEED, my check still hasnt been cashed and its been almost # weeks. I hope all is getting to them.

Ty

I'll check on that.

Originally posted by GNRick
Sent $50. I hope that helps a little. Maybe you could arrange for a collection box at GS Nationals in Bowling Green in May. Each vendor could have one. Also place one at each hotel.

Rick P.

Thanks Rick

Mark,I decided to wait for a pay pal address and just kind of forgot about this.I just pay pal ed $100.

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
Mark,I decided to wait for a pay pal address and just kind of forgot about this.I just pay pal ed $100.

Thanks brother.

I can now give ya'll a new update. Raynie went by the fire station and picked up all the snail mail checks. There is over $1000 dollars in checks for the family. Thanks to all of you.:)

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!

We did a fund raiser tonight and it went well, next Tuesday night we are taking the wife's out for Valentines Day Dinner, the following Tuesday we are collecting again. I will pay-pal after the second collection. :)

Originally posted by sixgun86gn

STRONG!!!!!!

This will come back to you in a very good way. :cool:

Took a moment to rest & decided to surf TB.com to relax a bit. Guess what the first thread I decided to take a look at :( Hate to hear anything like this happen to anyone, especially from idiots without insurance. Of course some companies out there push minimum coverage, which might as well be uninsured in a case like this. Everyone should look at their policies and make sure they have a good amount of coverage for medical & other stuff (like $300,000-$500,000). My heart & prayers go out to them & everyone associated & helping them.

Couple of suggestions to take care of some of their expenses:

Ask the hospital to minimize or eliminate any & all charges to them. Insurance companies barter & settle on lower prices to pay, they should have the same ability in this case. Never know what kindness the hospital might show.

Sue the person that hit them! If they are under age, sue the parents. Someone has to show them the meaning of being a responsible driver. My parents wouldn't even let me buy a car unless I had 6 months insurance payments made. And that was way back when it wasn't a law! They shouldn't feel bad doing it either. It was their choice to get behind the wheel without insurance.

I take it she didn't have uninsured motorist coverage or not enough. I just wondered, because thru something like this, people don't always see their options. I know I didn't when I broke my neck. My brothers out of the kindness of their hearts kept paying my paycheck while I was out of commission (6+ months) so we wouldn't have financial issues (worse than they were at the time). Afterwards, when I could finally have a decent thought processed thru my head without being all drugged out, I realized no one tried to get me unemployment benefits. My brothers could have saved thousands & maybe helped me more if they would have looked into it. We pay for it in our taxes, but no one thought to collect it when it was really needed. So don't ASSume the people around them are thinking straight either, traumatic & emotional for all involved.

Also, check into social security benefits. I believe there are benefits available for parents with sick/injured children. Might be more available to her than anyone knows about. I heard you may need a lawyer or try many times to get anything from the gov, but it should be there for her.

Hope something there helps out. Just in case, I will PayPal $100 to help out too. Wish it could be more, but things are really tight now trying to build more parts to keep up. Please e-mail me in a few months & let me know how things are going for them.

PS-- Please tell her to keep the halo & contact areas VERY clean! They may have told her, but I was told that infections from that was the leading problem with a halo. My Neurosurgeon said not to move any more than I have to (after braces were off) so I don't stress the healing area, and my physical therapist said to move as far as possible to stretch the muscles. Nice to get 2 totally different opinions. Judging by the cringe & eyebrow movement from my surgeon when I told him about it, I kept my movements to a minimum. Many don't know how bad it can be in the days/weeks/months after something like this. One sneeze & she could be paralyzed for life! I had to hold & brace my neck/head every time I coughed & was scared to death when I sneezed. Also hope the little guy keeps his spirits up! There is SO much more to life, even without the ability to walk. Just got to want to see it & have your eyes open! So many take so much for granted these days. Ever think that the wonders of the world should be sight, touch, smelling, tasting, hearing, love, and God? Who needs buildings & scenery? Also, show this thread to them. All the threads & e-mails about my accident really helped me through it all. Get well soon to all & God Bless!

PS- Here is the PayPal accout in case someone missed it: raynie@texline.com