Bad cam lobe symptoms?

SCD

I have been chasing around a 15 lb boost knock and I am at the end of my rope. This is an 87 GN with 59,000 miles. I is stock except for 30lb green stripe injectors and an ultra chip.
Scan readings are good. Changed the coil pack, fuel pump,fuel filter, hot wired fuel pump,tightened all grounds,cheched battery cables and ends.
Ihave been playing around with fuel pressures from 34-44 psi. I have the best success with 38psi,the scan readings are ok but i still have knock above 15psi of boost.
I noticed the idle is getting a little rougher but not like an ignition miss.
Could this be a symptom of a cam lobe starting to wipe? If it is what lobe usally wipes? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Steve

*Usually* it's exhaust number 3. You could pull the valve cover and see how tight the pushrod is when the lifter is not sitting on the ramped par of the lobe (ie the valve will be shut).

Put a vacuum gauge on and see if the needle bounces.

With those green strip injectors, you may never get it to idle or run as good as with stock injectors.

So what are you trying tosay, if i get my factory injectors rebuilt this is going to solve all my problems?

Steve

Originally posted by Nick Micale
Put a vacuum gauge on and see if the needle bounces.

With those green strip injectors, you may never get it to idle or run as good as with stock injectors.

So this is a symptom of a bad injector or wiped lobes?

TK