Back button

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
on my PC will work just fine at times. Then next time, no workie, and I have to close the page, and reload it.
Microsoft trackball mouse. The mouse signal appears to be "making the trip", as the cursor will blink, but no activity...Both buttons and the ball work OK...

NE1 have a suggestion, as where to look?????

I have.seen this for about a week only on this site.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Turbo Buick

I have.seen this for about a week only on this site.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Turbo Buick

Yep. I just tried the back button on several other sites.. No problem., except here....
[Can't get out of this thread unless I go back to the desktop.]
Additionally, I get very long periods of no response, when trying to place the cursor to do an edit. This edit took a minute to get the cursor active.

I will get jammed up with google ad stuff on the back button. Do a drop down on the back button and see. Sometimes it is just one page, sometimes, it is 10+ pages. It also takes a minute to response on the homepage, loading the ads.

What browser? I was using Firefox and it started responding poorly. Changed to Google Chrome and all is well all the time.

i just push F5 whenever a page is acting wonky.. that reloads the page and will fix it 99% of the time.
i run firefox with whatever adblocker is built into it and this page doesn't give me any problems.

I thought it was just my computer having issues with the back button. Hate to have to start from the main page every time.

I will get jammed up with google ad stuff on the back button. Do a drop down on the back button and see. Sometimes it is just one page, sometimes, it is 10+ pages. It also takes a minute to response on the homepage, loading the ads.

Yep... Last time I got jammed there were at least 10 sites on that list....

What browser? I was using Firefox and it started responding poorly. Changed to Google Chrome and all is well all the time.

I'm using IE. Had Firefox, and was having problems. I dumped it, and went back to IE. At first, Firefox was faster than IE, then sumething happened an it slowed way down. Repeated Crap Cleaner runs, system maintenence, nothing helped.

I have been using FireFox for about six years. Used it on window 98se also. Some problems could be computer settings or just a conflict for some reason. I have had no problems on this site. I visit it everyday. Hope it gets resolved for you guys that are experiencing the problem.:rolleyes:

it's back at it this am.... This $hit is getting OLD, really fast....:mad:
I decided to delete and reload the drivers for the Microsoft tracball mouse. So far, it's working. I'll keep trying and see if it repeats the problem...........

Well, so much for that idea...tried to back out of the above post edit...Whamo.. did it again.
Am now seeing the "done" sign flashing at the lower left corner of the screen.. WTF is going on???

Well after checking the sunspot reports it looks like it's calmed down for today and is expected to be calm tomorrow. The reports showed a lot of activity for the last month and some of it is the highest recorded levels ever.

I have to hit the back button 2 or 3 times. I look at it this way. This board is free...and if it has a couple of small glitches...then so be it. This is the best Buick board by a long shot...and the gurus on the board here are well versed in the latest technology for our cars...and not stuck back in the stone age.

I have to hit the back button 2 or 3 times. I look at it this way. This board is free...and if it has a couple of small glitches...then so be it. This is the best Buick board by a long shot...and the gurus on the board here are well versed in the latest technology for our cars...and not stuck back in the stone age.

Wasn't looking for your opinion. Am looking for a solution....

Well after checking the sunspot reports it looks like it's calmed down for today and is expected to be calm tomorrow. The reports showed a lot of activity for the last month and some of it is the highest recorded levels ever.

Yep... Low levels of sun spot activity bring out the wise guy observations!:D:p

I thought it was just my computer having issues with the back button. Hate to have to start from the main page every time.

I loaded Java... No help to eliminate the "error on page" warning. [Thot that may be the cause of the back button "syndrome".]
I am now running IE with the add-ons disabled. No problems at any site when doing this. [So far!]:D
NE1 have suggestions as to which add-ons mite be the culprit??