B2B to XFI swap

michaelpacey

Hey guys,
I'm seriously debating about switching my Turbo T over to XFI from the B2B grey box that's in it now, after having a laptop crash and having going through so many laptops to find one that will work, I've come to realize it's a lot more of hassle to deal with then it's worth. So I'm looking to set up to a brand new XFI box. What all is required to switch it over? If I can remember correctly there is a Casper conversion box or something like that on the regal that's wired into the B2B it has the stock engine wiring harness in the car.

I would think with these both being F.A.S.T. products it would be a straight forward and simple plug and play swap but with it having the traction control, boost controller and all that jazz there is probably more wires.

Also how does the internal data logging work on it? Do I have to set up a button or can it be done by the TPS?

Thanks in advance guys!

You basically just swap adaptor boxes. The XFI does more things so it uses more of the factory wires. If you have a PTE adaptor harness, you would need to deal with injector power wire, and redoing the WBO2 wires. With Caspers adaptor, it's pretty much a straight swap. The internal data logger is a single wire you attach to a switch, trans brake, or brake pedal. If you want traction control, that is a little more involved, since you will need to wire in a driveshaft sensor. The XFI package comes with pretty detailed installation instructions.

Oh no I don't want to use the traction control, and with the racing series I run I can't use a boost controller, I do like the internal data logger. Because last year I had to strap my laptop down after some one laid antifreeze on the track at 1/8 and I was looking at the other guys door completely sideways. Needless to say getting hit with a laptop hurts!

So it sounds like other then the wire and solder for the data log button I wouldn't need to get anything else to swap it over? How is the tables and stuff set up on XFI? Will it be a big learning curve to learn how to tune on it or is it a lot like the grey box?

It is using the same tables as the classic FAST, plus a bunch of extra tables. The learning curve isn't very bad depending on your abilities. Obviously, I sell the system and can only speak for what we do, but we include a custom start up program specifically built for your combination. We also include free tech support. I apologize for the sales pitch.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

No I'd definitely like to hear the sales pitch on it, I'm going to be running one on my turbo LS build anyways, and was seriously considering one for the Regal. Can you give me the benefits of upgrading to the XFI system?

That would probably be easier to do over the phone. Trying to type up the benefits could take quite a while. I can be reached at 321-863-2303

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app