B15-h = d5

krazy86t

my trans was rebuilt by PO and only reaches stall of 1700rpm with footbrake and 3-4 psi boost. car is pretty fast after hitting 2500-3000 rpm, so i think it has the lower stall v8 strators. went to a converter shop and they have a rebuilt B15-H, 27 spline, LU. Shop claims B15-H has same high stall strators as D5 and will give same high stall rpm as the D5. so this seems like an economical swap to me.

outside looks the same - rectangular mounting pads for flywheel. not stamped with "D5" but "7" can anyone verify that the B15-H is equal to D5?

Converter

I can not tell you about those build numbers but i can tell you about the differance between a D5 and D7 converter. I have re-stalled converter's from ATI one a D5XHD and another a D7XHD both built for the same car at the same time (one went into a spare tranny) and the stall speed is different as in the D5 is 2600 and the D7 is 2100. I use the D5 in my GN and the D7 in my TTA I prefer the D7 in my TTA because it drives great and that car is so traction impaired even with the D7 that it would be pointless to put the D5 back in it.

I hope this helps

That sounds like a Dacco number. They used to build them out of D6, D7 cores and now they are actually getting real picky and using D5. I haven't used Dacco in years because of a quality control issue they had and have been using one brand since then and never had a single complaint about my supplier now. :)