AWD sy goes 9s

myclone

Same guys that went low 10s broke into the 9s recently... As soon as a vid is posted I'll let you know.

mhoover said:
hi guys! just wanted to let everybody know that doc and i went 9.89@137 tonight at the memphis motorsports park. 6.35@112 in the 1/8 with a 1.54 60 ft. got a video and timeslip that i'll try to get on the internet.
DOC and MATT HOOVER

Myclone,

Do you know if the truck has a rollcage? From pics there is not bars out the back window. Unless I'm looking at the wrong truck.

Later,
Big Dave
Idaho Sy/Ty

Originally posted by Big Dave
Myclone,

Do you know if the truck has a rollcage? From pics there is not bars out the back window. Unless I'm looking at the wrong truck.

Later,
Big Dave
Idaho Sy/Ty

I believe it does but I think its only a ~4pt and well hidden. I doubt it'll get a full on "legal" cage as its a documented 4500 mile truck and cutting it up is prolly not in the owners plans.

Keep in mind Im going by memory here and its been over a year since I saw the truck in chitown so dont take the above as chisled in stone so to speak. :)

Hey myclone,
I was just taking a look at your video of your Syclone.......bad A$$!!! Then I saw that you live in Roanoke VA. I go down there all the time. My sister lives on 50 arc on a mont. Top, gota love that area!!! We should cruse next time I roll down there. My brother-law and I have a little grunge match going, old school (62 Imply) vs. some what new school (my GN).

Jason

V8KILLER,

Drop me an email when you head this way.. I will warn you though, that there isnt a lot of street action here other than a few monster tach'd mustangs with flowmasters and the typical 18 second rice owned by the high school kids.

There are a few quick (like a buds 10.0x cobra, 700hp supra (dyno queen), and BB muscle) cars but you find those guys at the track on Fri or Sat.

The sy is currently broke (fragged planetaries in the trans) but I just got the parts today to fix it so it should be up and at em in a week or three.

Did anybody ever post the vid of this pass?? I'd like to see it!

Sweet pass!!!

Doesnt look like it is coming out of the hole very hard but may be confusing me because the thing comes way alive about 100ft out. Dont get me wrong a 1.54 sixty foot is great and I'm jealous but damn that thing is moving out after 100 ft.

Myclone do you know what turbo the Hoovers are using on this oddfire motor?

Later,
Big Dave
Idaho Sy/Ty

Re: Sweet pass!!!

Originally posted by Big Dave
Doesnt look like it is coming out of the hole very hard but may be confusing me because the thing comes way alive about 100ft out. Dont get me wrong a 1.54 sixty foot is great and I'm jealous but damn that thing is moving out after 100 ft.

Myclone do you know what turbo the Hoovers are using on this oddfire motor?

Later,
Big Dave
Idaho Sy/Ty

I dont know myself but Matt Hoover pretty well agrees with what Teflo Don (LOL.. <---that cracks me up) says below.

Since I'm paying attention, I'll answer to the best of my abilities (not 100% accurate, but if Matt would jump in and clear things up....)

-motor is 280+ cubic inch Bowtie motor, from ASA racing origins

Its actually closer to 270cid according to Matt.

-oddfire crank
-Brodix aluminum heads
-single plane carb style intake converted for EFI, with PTE cast carb base to TB adapter
-large air-water IC, icewater is used for the runs, tank is in the bed
-hydraulic roller camshaft, relatively mild (I was told ~230 duration, .525-.550" lift)
-FAST computer for oddfire

I believe the motor spins to ~7000rpm
(140mph with 1:1 gear -3rd gear of turbo 400 - and no slip is 6500rpm, so i figure it's crossing the traps at 7000 or so)

-KB headers
-I heard PTE 74 series turbo in the past, might be off a bit here, looks about that size, running ~25psi of boost

-turbo 400 tranny, stock transfercase, front diff, rear axle (stock, maybe modded?)
-17" drag radials all around (275 front, 315 rear)
-PEP front coil over suspension
-stock type leaf spring rear suspension with mods

I'm not going to argue with Matt over his own truck but that is the biggest 72 series turbo I've ever seen ;) and I'm pretty sure it's a tad bigger. With so much happening in the turbo world, with custom/experimental turbos built, we may never know. I do know it's a PTE turbo, has a T4 flanged exhaust housing, and a 4" inlet on the compressor side.