Average coolant temp in summer?

spoolie

Ok i have a new engine, new thermostat, new waterpump....you get my drift.

i installed all autometer gauges...here in middle TN its always humid and in the mid 90's. it runs about 200-210 in coolant with a 180 thermostat. and the idle hot oil pressure is about 15lbs. i use 10w30.

is that on average? or am i screwed? where do i find a 160 thermostat, every parts store around here has the big thermostat not the small 54mm unit in it now...so the coolest one i could find is 180.

check with the venders here(kirbans,gbody parts,etc),most will carry the 160* thermostat......wont hurt to run one.you should still have a good heater in winter for TN......
i like my temp no higher than 200......do you have a front mount intercooler?that will make idle temps higher.
make sure the rad is clean also HTH,Gary.

while engine was out...i had the radiator checked and cleaned.

no the engine is stock along with intercooler...would the 160 plus a relayed electric fan on the otherside help?

I use the dual fan setup that Ramchargers used to sell and it made a HUGE difference on 2 different cars. I would see if the 160* stat works, otherwise you might look into that too.

Are those temps with the AC on? Use the 160 t-stat for sure, you should also go to double elec fans with shrouds if you have not already done that. It has been 95-100 around here in TX lately and I actually installed a heater core with a shrouded 7" elec fan to keep my temps under 195. I located it behind the right front bumper. Mine detonates too easily when it is above 90 degrees outside plus my oil pressure is so low at idle I really needed to help keep the temps down. Your oil press seems good at those temps if that 15 psi was in idle, in gear, with the AC on. Some of the alum radiators are more efficient so that is what alot of people use in hot climates.