Autozone+Jesse James=sell out.

I agree with all the clowns wearing the West Coast Chopper shirts, even the stickers in the back of thier trucks. This type of person typically has a "enter here" sign on the back of thier pants.

Autozone sucks .
See if they even know what a Buick Grand National is. Oh yeah, its a monte carlo with a big V-8!
And the warranties, sux to. I have a 67 impala with a big block with lots of hp and hi compression and for some dumb ass reason I chose a AZ Hi torque starter, maybe because of the "limited lifetime warranty" Well, that starter sure couldn't take to much torque. I kept breaking the nosecone of of em. After the 3rd one in 6 months or so they told me the warranty wasn't any good and I couldnt get another starter or my money back. Talk about getting hot! The starter broke around the corner at a buddies house and I was stranded without a starter.
And oh yeah, AZ doesn't believe the SS impalas back in those days had a 427 cid cuz the computer they have says so.:mad:

JJ: Personaly, I dont like his bikes. However, he is still a very skilled fabricator. I would "sell out" any day if it ment getting paid for doing what I loved. Better yet, I would "sell out" to say "Autozone is the best" if it ment geting 7 figures.

Speeking of Autozone...

Autozone is only for oil changes and air filters. Anything else is low quality crap IMO. Furthermore, their service is second rate. I had a hell of a time trying to explain what an ignition modual was to their staff. 3 out of the 4 people there had no clue what an ignition modual was. Oh, and dont try getting a TB radiator from them. I tried to explain to them that the radiator that showed up on their little computer wasnt the right type, but I ended up having to show them my existing one to get it through their skulls. To them, the computer is the almighty automotive god who should not be questioned! If I want good parts and service, I go to Advanced Autoparts.

*gets off soapbox* :)

BOOSTD

Like any of you would turn down the cash if it was offered to you. :rolleyes:

I'd even do tv commercials for the Chicago Mafia if they would pay me a single cent to do so........

Need a hit done?? Come on down!!! We're running a two for one special!!! If you sign up for our "frequent wacker" program we'll throw in a free acid bath or dismemberment of the corpse of your choice. We also have a special on lye this month so that "package" you delivered 6 feet under doesn't come back postage due!!! For the first 50 people that call make sure and ask about our Jimmy Hoffa "See ya Later Special". I can just see it now........ ;)

Turbosam, when i said "here today,gone tomorow" i was referring to his stints on tv. yes hes the fad right now and i'll bet all the millions hes making he wont be on tv in 5 years. i dont care how good he thinks he is. i still think hes a jerk that doesnt respect others hobbies. deloreans or not. come on this board and rag on mustanges and everyone and their mother tells you how bad you are.

First, I never said that he wasn't a good fabricator/metal worker. In fact, those meat heads on American Chopper make J.J. look like a genius. At least he doesn't just assemble his bikes, like they do for the most part. If you want to see some bad ass bikes, I think Billy Lane is a good bike builder, and a few other that I can't think of-since Im not really into bikes-Im into the craft of customizing. The only real problem I have with J.J. is that he is a SELLOUT, not to mention a burnout(he can't speak in more than 3 word sentences).

BFH--You asked, "What is a sellout, anyway?" Well, Aperrego answered it right underneath your post.
Sellout-someone who is paid to endorse a product that he or she would not use, or says something that they don't believe. And you couldn't possibly think that he actually uses the crap from AZ.

Why is it more than just making a buck? Because this man is already a MULTI-millionare. He doesn't need the money. Turbosam6 made a good point about saying you had a small penis for a million dollars, which, yes absolutely any of us would. But I wouldn't for say it for $50. That is what a million dollars is to him. It's like 50 bucks. That's just how rich he is.

And about Autozone: I have an O'Reily, a Napa, a CarQuest, and an Autozone near me. The only way that I go to AZ anymore is if I have to on a Sunday, because they are the only ones open. I don't have a problem with the others. And, yes I realize they are not a speed shop. One example, (because I could fill 5 pages of reasons why I HATE autozone)- I bought an alternator. 2 days later it exploded. I took it back. He said I must have hit a bird or something, and wouldn't take it back. This was in my old 93 chevy pickup--it would have been pretty hard to hit a bird on the alternator. The staff doesn't give a sh!t about you, and will not help you. If they don't have a part. That's it. If the other places don't have it, they will try and find it. At least, that is the way it is at the two or three that are closest to my house. I better stop now, or this could go on forever.

I haven't see the Hot Rod show yet, but hope for the best.

Originally posted by BOOSTD
JJ: Personaly, I dont like his bikes. However, he is still a very skilled fabricator. I would "sell out" any day if it ment getting paid for doing what I loved. Better yet, I would "sell out" to say "Autozone is the best" if it ment geting 7 figures.

Speeking of Autozone...

Autozone is only for oil changes and air filters. Anything else is low quality crap IMO. Furthermore, their service is second rate. I had a hell of a time trying to explain what an ignition modual was to their staff. 3 out of the 4 people there had no clue what an ignition modual was. Oh, and dont try getting a TB radiator from them. I tried to explain to them that the radiator that showed up on their little computer wasnt the right type, but I ended up having to show them my existing one to get it through their skulls. To them, the computer is the almighty automotive god who should not be questioned! If I want good parts and service, I go to Advanced Autoparts.

*gets off soapbox* :)

BOOSTD

"If I want good parts and service, I go to Advanced Autoparts".

I WAS GOOD WITH ALL YOU SAID UNTIL THIS........NOW YOU'VE LOST ALL CREDIBILITY.........LOL :D SAME STUFF, DIFFERENT NAME.

Originally posted by .38 special
First, I never said that he wasn't a good fabricator/metal worker. In fact, those meat heads on American Chopper make J.J. look like a genius. At least he doesn't just assemble his bikes, like they do for the most part. If you want to see some bad ass bikes, I think Billy Lane is a good bike builder, and a few other that I can't think of-since Im not really into bikes-Im into the craft of customizing. The only real problem I have with J.J. is that he is a SELLOUT, not to mention a burnout(he can't speak in more than 3 word sentences).

BFH--You asked, "What is a sellout, anyway?" Well, Aperrego answered it right underneath your post.
Sellout-someone who is paid to endorse a product that he or she would not use, or says something that they don't believe. And you couldn't possibly think that he actually uses the crap from AZ.

Why is it more than just making a buck? Because this man is already a MULTI-millionare. He doesn't need the money. Turbosam6 made a good point about saying you had a small penis for a million dollars, which, yes absolutely any of us would. But I wouldn't for say it for $50. That is what a million dollars is to him. It's like 50 bucks. That's just how rich he is.

And about Autozone: I have an O'Reily, a Napa, a CarQuest, and an Autozone near me. The only way that I go to AZ anymore is if I have to on a Sunday, because they are the only ones open. I don't have a problem with the others. And, yes I realize they are not a speed shop. One example, (because I could fill 5 pages of reasons why I HATE autozone)- I bought an alternator. 2 days later it exploded. I took it back. He said I must have hit a bird or something, and wouldn't take it back. This was in my old 93 chevy pickup--it would have been pretty hard to hit a bird on the alternator. The staff doesn't give a sh!t about you, and will not help you. If they don't have a part. That's it. If the other places don't have it, they will try and find it. At least, that is the way it is at the two or three that are closest to my house. I better stop now, or this could go on forever.

I haven't see the Hot Rod show yet, but hope for the best.

I GUESS YOUR ORIGINAL THOUGHT IS THAT YOU DON'T LIKE JESSE JAMES OR AUTO ZONE. I CAN RESPECT THAT. :D

Jesse James is a TOOL!

I really liked watching him fab stuff. He has the talent without a doubt. But when he paid $8500 for a cherry '71 SS BIG BLOCK El Camino and then cut it up, I lost it for him. He didn't just modify it, he literally CUT IT UP!!

Of course, I'm sure he gives a Sh#t what I or anyone else thinks.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sellout? Hey check out the tattoo on his palm! PAY UP SUCKER!!

$8500 big block chevy? Isn't that the same kind of car in a Buick that you could pick up for $1500? Clone with a BB in it? Glad they chopped up the chevy, though.

Hate to burst your bubble about Autozone part quality

But..... Most of these aftermartket parts come off the same assembly line. They just put em in different label boxes. So alot of times if your paying more for it, your just paying for the label.

Also

If you put a stock spec starter on a high compression motor, you will almost always tear it up in no time, regardless of which parts store sold it to you.

i have to agree about the hating autozone thing. it is anoying when you walk in and ask for a starter for a carb 350 and they ask you what year the vehicle is...

-jeff

I wonder if Autozone asked Jesse James if his bike has air conditioning when he needs a part? Or is it front wheel drive?

Well, we don't know how much autozone is paying, but its clearly enough to make it worth his time, or he wouldn't do it. The thing with money is, it makes you greeedy. Lots of people say "Oh, if I only had a million dollars, I'd be set." Maybe, but most of the time it just makes you want more money. I personally know a couple millionaires, and they are the tightest, greediest people ever. But they earned their money, and they love it. One guy I do some work for will fight me on the bill, no matter how low. Most of us non millionaires would say "$100.00? OK, no big deal, I have millions." If we were in his shoes. Not him. He tries to talk me down to $80. Now you see why he's a millioniare. Money is a drug, once you have it, you want more.

And don't get me started on that no talent piece of sh!t Boyd Coddington. Some of the older members here may remember the royall azz reaming he gave some of his customers and investors back in the day. Those are not street rods, customs, or hot rods. Those, my friend, are called "kit cars", and any jack ass with a ratchet can build one. Ever see Boyd work on a car? Nope. He has other people do that. I watched one episode of that show. He was walking around yelling at people and crap, and I know it was just an act. He's trying to be like Big Paul on American Chopper. No one is intimidated by that lazy bastard. I'm sorry, but who couldn't build one of those cars? (Especially with a team of mechanics!) What exactly needed to be "fabbed"? Hmmmm...crate motor, crate tranny, pre made body, pre made frame, hell, its like a big model! I'm sure wiring and painting took actual talent, of course did Boyd do either one of those? Nope. He's a hack, and he's lucky none of the people he screwed ever got ahold of him and whooped his ass. I should get a job there and let him yell at me one time and knock his fat no talent ass out on national television.

No offense to any Boyd fans out there :D

boy, some of you guys are wearing AutoZone out. I am an AutoZone employee and have been so for 11 yrs. We are the #1 automotive retailer in the world and we wouldnt get that way with selling "crap". You would be suprised the amount of problems that customers have with the parts they purchase from us, or anyone else for that matter, is created by themselves. For instance, trying to return bosch O2 sensors once every couple of weeks and expecting us to swap it for a new one when it has obviously had race fuel run across it. Every auto parts retailer have their faults.:D

I dont see that as being a sell out . Autozone sells car parts and Jesse is a Bike/car guy . When he starts doing like other commercials that are out of his realm then i could agree on that statement . Hey the guys making money and cashing in on his fame , cant blame him who couldnt use some extra $$$$.

But in conclusion, Jesse James is a P.O.S. and I would like to vomit on his head.

Fact is clown that eveything has it's place and eveything is relative.....F1 racers prob think that Ramchargers is a joke, and your "Dynamax" muffs would be cool on there parts runner. Before you go off on the lack of knowledge the counter guys at AZ have, you might want to check yourself. Where do they sell Dynamax mufflers? I know Dynomax make a pretty good product, but what are your's....knock off JC Whitney.

As for Jesse James and the rest of the custom bike builders, if not for the Discovery Channel 99% of the population would have no clue who any of them are. Your more than welcome to ride with me and my buddies to Daytona in March to vomit on his head.....just one more thing for you to cry about when he breaks it..."it" being you neck

PS...good thing you got those #50 inj to go with that bigA turbo....your an idiot....just had to get that off my chest.

I don't know Boyd Coddington, but I won't put down someone just because they aren't hands on all the way. None of them, Coddington, OCC or Jesse are 100% hands on. That happens when you run a big business--you have to delegate and doing the job right boils down to proper hiring and training. The bigger it is, the less hands on work you can do. Jesse says most of his business is from selling parts like fenders etc. I doubt he hand builds them all. That's not a slam if it's his design and it's his business to run how he wants. OCC mentioned they have their own frame designs so they don't have to hand build them either. Talking about crate motors, at Coddington's, how is that so bad? Jesse & OCC don't build their own either. They farm it out. Again, nothing wrong with that. I know a helluva home builder that never lifts a hammer. He trained who he wanted to do what he wanted and for part of the work he know the right people to go to for that. That results in a BETTER product. The exhaust guy may be brilliant, the painter may be brilliant but that doesn't mean they'll be the best at each others jobs.

3 rules I live by:

-Know what you know
-Know what you don't know
-Know someone who knows what you don't know.

That's what ALL of these guys do and that's why they're successful. Get the best, even if it isn't by your own hand and you have a better product.

BTW, saw a dropped Chevy truck today with 3, count them 3, Band Wagon Choppers stickers on it. WTF? I kinda doubt he had one. Not a slam on Jesse, just the moron poseur.

Originally posted by NCTTA
Fact is clown that eveything has it's place and eveything is relative.....F1 racers prob think that Ramchargers is a joke, and your "Dynamax" muffs would be cool on there parts runner. Before you go off on the lack of knowledge the counter guys at AZ have, you might want to check yourself. Where do they sell Dynamax mufflers? I know Dynomax make a pretty good product, but what are your's....knock off JC Whitney.

As for Jesse James and the rest of the custom bike builders, if not for the Discovery Channel 99% of the population would have no clue who any of them are. Your more than welcome to ride with me and my buddies to Daytona in March to vomit on his head.....just one more thing for you to cry about when he breaks it..."it" being you neck

PS...good thing you got those #50 inj to go with that bigA turbo....your an idiot....just had to get that off my chest.

First of all what the hell are you talking about and why are you taking it so personal, whether Jesse is a sellout or not doesn't matter after reading your post, you obviously need some help, you have no valid points and its obvious when all you can do is mention that he has a stock turbo and 50s and talk about f1 racers and his dynomax mufflers? What a retarded statement. And Jesse is a tool, sorry if other people having an opinion offends "you and your buddies"

My opinon on Jesse is yes he is a good welder and fabricator and i respect that, but he annoys the crap out of me and he never does any of the work on monster garage but acts like he does, He is trying to keep his bad boy image but it just doesn't work anymore. The El camino thing got to me as well.

And to all the Autozone guys takin it personal, most of them are complete idiots that know nothing about cars or how they work. A select few do and obviously nobody means offense towards them. I worked at O'reilly auto for 4 years and we sell better parts than the Zone and even ours were crap, if you can't admit the parts are crap, then i want what your smokin. Yall are # one because your parts are cheap and nobody wants to pay dealer prices.