auto down window switches

Got em on my GN, one of the best convenience mods ever! Kirban used to sell them years ago. Hold the button for a second and let go and the window goes down on it's own. Maybe I should yank one of them out and see what is inside the magic black box?:smile:

Got em on my GN, one of the best convenience mods ever! Kirban used to sell them years ago. Hold the button for a second and let go and the window goes down on it's own. Maybe I should yank one of them out and see what is inside the magic black box?:smile:

I think you should. Then I want 2 sets.

Ya know, I used to have this device in my car that hooked up to the alarm. When I set the alarm, it would roll up the windows. The higher load on the device from the window reaching the end of their travel would shut the unit off. I bet that you could get these to work. I'm goin to have to look into it. I think I may even have a new one in the box to play with.

OK, did a little looking before I finished typing this.
Go here and look at the 529t and the 530t:
Viper - Accessories

Your prayers have been answered.

Just on a side note: I had one of these in my GN and one time when I was washing the car, I noticed the driver's window inching it's way up. I had gotten water into the module, and it didn't like it. So, either don't mount it in the door, mount it with the opening down, or don't ever wash your car.
I had it roll the windows up, but never tried to set it up as a one touch, but had thought about it, just never got a round tuit.

Doing some testing tomorrow if time allows it. If things work out it will be a one touch up AND down setup. Will involve some cutting of the power window harness though.

hey take it 1 more step......auto up too

my prius has auto down and up feature stock :) but only on the drivers side. I will be swtiching all the windows (4 switches on drivers side for each window) to auto up and downs. If it is a cheap mod, I will just install them for all the passengers controllers as well so a total of 7 auto up and downs.

subscribed
DS

one of the reasons I subscribe to threads, to finish reading them later :) looks like i missed 1 post haha.

I read it now, i am exacited about any kit for auto up and auto downs. Thanks for the inovations :cool:
**I would like to say that auto up and down is one of my favorite features of the prius. The convenice is amazing
and makes window operation hazzel free. Thanks mark!

sent a pm

DS

OK, did the install today on my driver's door. Pretty easy and it works GREAT! Going to be selling them individually or by the pair. I will have complete instructions pertaining to our Turbo Regals.

All the installation is done inside the door panel. You will need to remove both the plastic panel and the fabric panel to do this. I was thinking about including butt connectors with the kit but decided not to as I feel the only proper way to do this install is by soldering the connections and using heatshrink and electrical tape. You sure would hate to go looking for a faulty connection after buttoning everything up.

Wiring is not too bad, You will have to cut the power up 12v wire and the power down 12v wire and connect the ends to the module harness. Then there is a 12v source wire and ground that need to be wired in. The ground goes right to an existing one inside the door and the power splices into a 12v wire that feeds the stock switch.

On the up one touch, the module has a sensor that will cut off power if it comes up against an obstruction such as your passenger's arm.:) Tested it myself by pushing on the glass as it came up and it does stop. Would really like to see it auto reverse like an elevator door but you can't have everything.

Hoping to have these up on the site by the weekend.

I've got an avi file of the window express in action but the board doesn't support that kind of file. Anyone have a way of hosting it? Will send the file to you.