Australian Turbo V6 rear wheel drive

cracker

heres my car not sure if its in the right spot aiming at 200-240rkw on high and low boost
its a buick 231 same as what comes from the front wheel drive buick powered cars from around 1990
with a turbo hydromatic gear box behind it
the car weights 1311 kgs no idea in pounds lol
its got acl pistons at 9.5.1 comp, prep'd rods mild cam heads log manifolds t3/t4 turbo(garrett) 32lbs injectors, 600x300x75 intercooler.
my question is what do people in the states no about our cars lol
they dont come factory turbo and the usa is kinda where all the cool stuff comes from what do standard regal turbo bottem ends standard up too? horse power and psi? are the parts very cheap? im talking pistons/rods compare to what i have in my engine which is better the stock the regal turbo pistons look kick ass any info u guess could give me would be great thanks heres some pics

Attachments

• turbo engine bay 2.jpg
    turbo engine bay 2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 705
I do not know anything about your car but I would love to hear about it.
Can you post more pictures and give more specifications on the car please?

Thanks in advance!

Cool setup, can you post some pictures of your car.. Is it really a rear wheel drive? Pix of the rear end setup. Those front wheel drive motors have some strong bottom ends, like cross bolt main caps. More pix please...

heres some more pictures the standard bottom ends in these arnt very strong just a cast piston with 8.5.1 the max boost people run in to the is about 10-12 psi with a good tune, although people have run 14psi i cant see it lasting.
they arnt cross bolted mains just two bolts the later version the "ecotec" has weaker pistons and rods but stronger main caps better flowing heads and manifold, the engine in my car was sourced from a buick rettea? something like that little front wheel drive car, and the later ecotecs from something else we also get the supercharger m90 version.
the rear axel is a 5 link two upper trailing arms two lower and a panhard rod to keep it centered, with 28 spline axels and open center or lsd option from factory, mine has a mini aka locker, locked diff, its illegal here but who cares lol
the trasmission is a turbo hydrmatic 700-R aka T-700R, T-700, which is was basiclay used from 1988 to around 2006 i guess with slight revisions

my model car also came out with a holden 5L v8 304ci in it which have been the enmey of my car since iv had it in now well and truely kills them :)

Attachments

• IMG_2689.jpg
    IMG_2689.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_2706.jpg
    IMG_2706.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_3927.jpg
    IMG_3927.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 389
  • front holden commodore vn.jpg
    front holden commodore vn.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 377
  • rear holden commodore vn.jpg
    rear holden commodore vn.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 380
That car is a sleeper!! It looks like everything else on the road, but I bet it runs like a scared rabbit!!

A later 3800 would be a bolt-in replacement for your current engine.. The later blocks are very strong and the SC versions have stronger connecting rods etc. With properly designed pistons, you could run much higher boost.

Dave

cheers guys
its called a holden commodore everyone one over here does them up but not so much the v6's the model before the vl had an inle 3.0L nissain turbo which everyone loves and my model coming out with the v8 means that most choose that path, ill up load some more pics tomra it is a sleeper, better to be that way with the laws we have in our state get caught doing anything naughty u lose the car for 48 hours and end up in court,
it weights about 1311kg stock, has 15" rims on it 6-7" wide
umm dunno what else to tell you?
our later model cars 1996 onward some come out with the supercharged motor they go well very well but the cars are quite heavy so yeah, breaks traction at 40km untill about 70km, on 9psi with a small turbo very very poor tune, and no full throttle. should be good im guessing for a low 14 atm with better sized turbo more boost and tune should do high 12's
yeah anything u want to know i can tell you and any pics just ask theres heaps of forums about our cars
just look on google street commodores forum its the biggest one

Did you use the factory 3800 flywheel/flexplate? What torque converter did you use?

Did you have any problems with the starter hitting the transmission?

What computer are you running?

the series 2 3800 can take 400+ whp (298 wkw) without breaking open the motor. i believe the head gasket lets go around 20 psi.

series 3 sc rods (L32) and diamond forged pistons are used with 700+ bhp (521 kw) builds. use arp rod bolts, head and main studs.

1311 kg = 2889 lb. that's seriously light for a midsized car...esp with 240 kw (
322 whp).

zzp's base t04e-50 turbo kit is good for ~300 whp (223 wkw) without intercooler. with 6 psi, a 1600 kg regal runs high 13 second quarter. you'd be low 13s.
ZZ Performance

I'm pretty sure that it's a series 1. That engine looks identical to the one in my 88 Bonneville. Even the intake and valve covers. Mine had the Magnavox coil pack. This one is using the coil packs from my 91 Toronado but with the intake from the older car. Since it's in Australia, I have no idea for sure...

you're right...it is a series 1. i'm looking at a series 2 cylinder head right now. i was just reporting hp levels.

the series 1 probably shares more parts with the 231 than the series 2/3 motors. do you have an LN3 or L27? either one is very close to the 231.
Buick V6 engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
follow the gn guys for combos. any buick engine can easily take 300+ whp.

you're already making 127 kw (not including mods), so 15 psi will get you 185 - 213 kw (depending on your intercooler and octane). i'd add 20% for the mods. you seem set to reach your goals (and then some). you didn't mention the turbo trim.

fyi,
1 kw = 1.34 hp
1 kg = 2.2 lb

Looks good! I would suggest checking out some of the Grand Prix forums for some information on what they are using for the series 2 motor in their car (they call it the L67 like we call ours the LC2).

Hey, I have a Holden Monaro (GTO). Love that car. Thanks to Holden for making one of Pontiacs best cars ever. I just finished up a Magnacharger Blower installation on it today. Now it's the perfect car for me.

Hey, I have a Holden Monaro (GTO). Love that car. Thanks to Holden for making one of Pontiacs best cars ever. I just finished up a Magnacharger Blower installation on it today. Now it's the perfect car for me.

Roger,

Send me an e-mail with the GTOs set up...
You must like Duttweiler's driver. =)