Audiowizzard help... b/c pioneer cant!

mr_85regal

Lead foot and a slow car
ok i emailed pioneer tonite b/c i pulled out my 4 10's and my 5x7's and 6x9's to put crossovers in and now when i hooked it all back up i have no sound.. teh head unit turns on but no sound what so every.... i wnet back around w/ a volt tester to see if the head unit is gettin power to the speakers and there is no current goin to them? its a pioneer DEH-12 and i cant figure it out.. i think the EQ mighta fried...so im thinkin about goin to wal-mart and buyin the same head unit and puttin the new one in my car and returning the blown one and sayin that i didnt need it

Originally posted by mr_85regal
ok i emailed pioneer tonite b/c i pulled out my 4 10's and my 5x7's and 6x9's to put crossovers in and now when i hooked it all back up i have no sound.. teh head unit turns on but no sound what so every.... i wnet back around w/ a volt tester to see if the head unit is gettin power to the speakers and there is no current goin to them? its a pioneer DEH-12 and i cant figure it out.. i think the EQ mighta fried...so im thinkin about goin to wal-mart and buyin the same head unit and puttin the new one in my car and returning the blown one and sayin that i didnt need it

The only thing that I can come up with is that if you had 2 pairs of speakers in parallel which would have given it less than a 4 ohm recomended load on each of your 2 channels could have fried the deck power prior to installing the caps and coils assuming that it is a 4 channel deck trying to power 6 drivers.

Or...........it just decided to go bad on its own.

1) How were the speakers wired to each channel and what are the impedence of each speaker?

2) What kind of cross-overs did you install on speakers?

It was very rare that a customers deck fried the deck power but from my experience with that particular problem, they wired extra speakers in parallel dropping the impedence load beyond the 4 ohm recomended rating per channel and fried their deck power.

when i first got it it would over heat constantly w/ jest havin the 4x10's and 3-1/2 but then i got rid of the 4x10's and put 2 5x7's and 2 6x9's out back...there wired in at 8ohm... 1 +, 1- and teh otehr + and- together... i think what it is.. is when i brought it in to a audio shop {it was a crappy one} they wired in 2 3-1/2s to the left chanel and they went + together and - together.. i looked at the harness when i pulled it out. but i have a friend that works at best buy and im gunna ask him to hook me up w/ a sony Explode Chamelion!

i didnt get to put the crossovers on b4 it blew.. they were boston acoustics powered but a lil kenwood amp