Auburn pro series diff question

HOOGENRAAD

Just had a new pro series installed at local transmissin shop. Everything is good except when you do a turn. Diff acts like it is a spool! There is absolutely no slipping when doing a turn, it will chirp the tire. The guy installed the additive that came in the box. I was going to drain the fluid and install some GM additive. Anybody had this issue before? It has aftermarket 28 spline axles in it. Any input would be great. Thanks!

Just had a new pro series installed at local transmissin shop. Everything is good except when you do a turn. Diff acts like it is a spool! There is absolutely no slipping when doing a turn, it will chirp the tire. The guy installed the additive that came in the box. I was going to drain the fluid and install some GM additive. Anybody had this issue before? It has aftermarket 28 spline axles in it. Any input would be great. Thanks!

I had a local transmission shop (Lawrence Transmission) install my Auburn Pro Series & new ring gears several years ago after finding a broken ring gear tooth stuck to the magnet on the cover. The gear carrier was marginal and it needed a posi clutch pack kit too.....so decided to go with a complete new rear end and ended up with the Aubrun Pro Series.
Am very happy with it.....no issues that I have experienced, but my use has been limited to the street (at this point in time). The Auburn supplied posi fluid was used in mine.
What gear set backlash did he set it up with? As I recall Auburn recommend a very tight clearance here..mabye .004" or .005". My builder set it up with a few more thou clearance though. No problems with it.

Another local member also had one installed several years ago....he races his car regularly and don't think he's had any issue with his either, but will let him chime in.