Auburn Posi unit?

6togo

I found a 8.5" auburn posi unit in a local junk yard 30 spline 3 series 60k miles are these units allot stonger (with moser axles of course) than the 28 spline stocker? anyone running one?

Chris

run away my friend. You just need to change the spider gears on the Eaton to make it a 30 spline and it's rebuildable. Auburn's aren't.

I knew there was a difference between the Auburn and the Eaton just didn't know what it was i dont here much about Auburn's except Run!!!
thanks,
Chris

Don't get used, just buy a new Eaton and be done with it. That's a lesson I just recently learned.

I don't really see the issue with the Auburn.... I have the Auburn Pro and have had no issues after years of abuse.

:)i have built plenty of Auburn diffs and they all work just as they should. Auburn is "rebuildable" as in you have to send it back to them in a certain amount of time and they can rebuild it once according to them. :)

the rear end guy who put my auburn in said he's never seen one fail. that was good enough for me. no problems yet with mine

I used a non-pro Auburn on street tires for a couple years without much trouble but when I switched to slicks with 1.57 short times the Auburn split the cone destroying everything but the ring and pinion...never again for me. Eaton all the way!!

OUCH! I would believe that. The pressure the cones force outwards when gripping is tremendous. The Eaton at least doesn't have that much outward force in comparrison. :eek:

I used a non-pro Auburn on street tires for a couple years without much trouble but when I switched to slicks with 1.57 short times the Auburn split the cone destroying everything but the ring and pinion...never again for me. Eaton all the way!!