Attn. Meanbuicks...I have a TCI part question...

FJM568

Greg, I bought a throttle cable/TV cable bracket #376700 for Quadrajet, and I'm a bit confused how to mount the bracket...I was assuming that the bracket somehow bolted to the carburetor in a way to space the bracket the correct distances, but just can't figure out how to do that...The bracket looks like it would need to mount vertically somehow, but I just can't see how to do it...I am trying to bolt it to a Buick 350 motor that has the TA Performance aluminum intake for the Buick 350 and I am using a 72 750 Quadrajet on the motor...

Any tips or thoughts on this bracket on how to mount it to my intake???

Thanks for any help...

Just bolts on to the rear carb to manifold bolts. If you have the right cable it will be the correct distnce.

Jim

Whoa, Jim's quick there.

Like he said, it simply bolts to the back two carb fasteners. That bracket is basically a direct replica of a GM part that was used in production years ago with Quadrajets so you should have very little problems on your 350.

If you're still stumped, let us know.

DOH!!!!!!

:eek:

Man, I feel like an idiot...I was thinking that it stood up on end and bolted to the side of the carb somehow or from the two mounting bolts on the driver's side...For some reason, it just never occurred to me to check it against the BACK two bolts...

Actually, the application of the TV cable that I have is from a mid 80's full size Chevy 4x4 V8 w/700r4...Got the cable from GM...

Thanks for the reply!!!

hehehe...This topic will self-destruct and be deleted in three hours to protect the illusion of intelligence of FJM568....2:59:59, 2:59:58, 2:59:57........ ;)

hey Greg, if your still out there I have a TCI part ? too. I bought a 700r4 race filter and gasket kit and it comes with a 2004r filter, what's up with that??? :p

That would be our universal filter.

Really. We have used that filter in both our 700s and 200s for 12 years now.

universal yoke, p/r system, pump, solenoid, filter.... what will they think of next! LOL!!! :D

You know we also carry universal GM filler tubes and universal Ford C-4/C-6 shift levers. :D