Attention Mass drivers

matt87

better click it now, cause its not a secondary offense anymore. i live in Ri but only 5 minutes from Mass, so i figured i'd pass the info.

matt87 said:
better click it now, cause its not a secondary offense anymore. i live in Ri but only 5 minutes from Mass, so i figured i'd pass the info.
Thanks for the info. What kind of offense & how much did they say?

I drive in from NH on occasion & totally forget I am in another state.

On occasion I have seen the local PD's stare at me & they see the NH plate & don't seem to bother (too busy heading to donut shops). :D

Simply use your seat belts. No problems.

I dont know how the law works up by you guys but here is something I picked up while sitting in traffic court, down here in FL, one day. Seat belts are a secondary down here too. If you fasten your belt,even in the presence of the LEO, during a traffic stop they cant write a ticket for not cllicking it. I would imagine a LEO would have a hard time proving you weren't wearing a belt, if that was all they were going to cite you for. Sounds like its much more convinient to just wear your belt all of the time.

Personally, I wear mine all the time. I just don't like the way the State Government has become so intrusive in this state. Anyway...the fine is 25 bucks for every occupant that is not wearing them.

Fakeyankee said:
Personally, I wear mine all the time. I just don't like the way the State Government has become so intrusive in this state.
I agree . I think seatbelts should be an option. I wear mine, but I don't like being told to. I also think that their campaign trying to scare you into wearing one is ridiculous. Why don't they go after the bad drivers instead? The seat belt is supposed to save you in the event of an accident. Why not prevent the accident in the first place, by grabbing the jerk that cuts people off while on a cell phone reading the morning paper?

wagon said:
by grabbing the jerk that cuts people off while on a cell phone reading the morning paper?

you have a problem with that ?? :confused: when am I suppose to read the paper ??? oppps goota go answer the phone :eek: :p

What gets me is here in flyover country, they make you wear one. But the motorcycle riders don't have to wear helmets? Wtf? I would think the helmets are a bit more important... :rolleyes:

David