Attaching the fender welting, question

Project TNX

I have decided to paint my car myself, largely in part because I am over budget, lol. I can paint well though, I just didn't want to deal with the hassle before, but I digress....

I'm using GNX flares, starting the prep on them this week and it's all pretty straight forward except for how the welting material is attached. So can one of you guys give me a helpful hint?

Many thanks. :cool:

Flares

The flares I used were from Danko and after I "fitted" them without the welts and had them painted I placed the welts in the sun so that they would be easier to work with. The welts that came with my flares had some sort of "adhesive" in the crease of the welt and I just worked the welt on over the edge of the flare and installed them. By "test" fitting the flares without the welts I got a very good fit with no gaps. During the test fit I masked the fenders to eliminate any scratching. I think I have some pics if you want them.

The flares I used were from Danko and after I "fitted" them without the welts and had them painted I placed the welts in the sun so that they would be easier to work with. The welts that came with my flares had some sort of "adhesive" in the crease of the welt and I just worked the welt on over the edge of the flare and installed them. By "test" fitting the flares without the welts I got a very good fit with no gaps. During the test fit I masked the fenders to eliminate any scratching. I think I have some pics if you want them.

Yeah, I'd like to see them, post them, PM them, or send them to bgraham173@comcast.net . Thanks.

Flare pics

87 Grand National (GNX Clone Conversion) 006.jpg

87 Grand National (GNX Clone Conversion) 009.jpg

87 Grand National (GNX Clone Conversion) 016.jpg

87 Grand National (GNX Clone Conversion) 017.jpg

GNX Clone PICS 003.jpg

Thanks, that's exactly how I intended to do it as well. What urks me a little is that I'm going to have to run 2" hubcentric wheels spacers because my SLP ZR1's are a little too tucked in to pull it off without them.

**Edit** I just noticed it looks like you are running spacers as well, are they Skulte's? Because that is where I was going to get mine, and how are they working out for you?