Attaching inside window sweep?

redhotrod

Turbo Happy
Can someone give me pointers on how to install new aftermarket inside sweeps. Looks like the original sweeps are stapled on to the upper door panel . Not sure how I can do that with the new ones as it has an aluminum support on the door panel.

Dealing w/ same problem; am either going to pop-rivet OR thinking about using hot-melt glue gun....

Most likely the holes on the new sweep don't line up with the holes on the panel, so you will have to drill new holes and use the staples that came with the new sweep, if you don't have the staples you should be able to find them at your local parts store

Can someone give me pointers on how to install new aftermarket inside sweeps. Looks like the original sweeps are stapled on to the upper door panel . Not sure how I can do that with the new ones as it has an aluminum support on the door panel.
i just installed new sweeps,the best advice i can give you is get a magnet and your tool set. start by the driver side door and work your way back. the stock screws should come right out,do the first 2,then do the last one near the mirror. the other 2 are the tricky ones,what i did was i took a small drill bit and put it between the glass and fit it in and i took plyers to get the screw going then i hand turned it. oh yeah i forgot to do this you have to basically take the inner guides for the glass out so the window will have some play. with some patience you will have it done in an hour on both sides,i did and I'm no mechanic. i don't know where my sweeps came from cause they came with the car so if you have a different brand that sucks but I'm sure if you do it the way i did you will have no problem,hope this helps, chris

Old post from April but I've done this before. I haven used brand new sweeps just the ones that were on there after I re did the door panels. I used some thin craft wire and pulled it throught the holes where the staples were. Twisted the wire to tighten and clipped it down to size.
You can use a small drill bit to make the holes a little bigger. It's a tedious job but most of us don't have an industrial staple machine laying around that will send the staples through the metal.

oh ok glad you got them done,they are unsightly when they are are old and breaking apart,they are a pain in the arse though when you don't know or someone offers advice on them,i got advice on them from a board member so you can get ideas from our community here on our site

Replaced inner sweeps and here's the easiest way to replace them:
1) Grind down original staples holding down old inner sweeps. Pull/push out the remains of staples.
2) Line up a new sweep and drill holes for pop-rivets one at a time and install rivets.
I bought 1Aauto sweeps and they worked great. Pop-rivets came with sweeps.