atr wastegate spring...

svenson12

anybody have an atr wastegate spring? mine to stiff car is overboosting...nedd a fix. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Clint

In the "FWIW" dept:
If the ATR has been in use for some time, the overboost may be the valve stem is hanging up. AIRC, with the 1 I had:
1. ATR recalled it B4 I had time to use it. Phil said he had to modify it.
2. I had the same issue you have, and had it "re-modified" by John Craig, @ Limit Engineering.

I switched it out for another brand when I went to the big turbo. So, I can't say if the Craig mod workrd.
As for springs... AIRC, someone on the board bought a lot of ATR's parts when they went T/U..They may respond....

Thanks chuck. I took the wastegate apart and inspected everything. Seems to be in good condition. Valve moving freely..diaphram in good cond. just put this on my car... bought it ages ago. Have spring backed all the way out with an compressor style regulator closed all the way and the car is builing lots of boost fast so i figure it was too stiff of a spring????? just guessing????

mailed it today, hope it helps
My problem is opposite, won't build enough boost, screw is way in, bleed valve open, wondering if I have too small of a vac line feeding it, I don't think of vacuum in volume, but maybe I am missing something, everything looked good when I swapped it to the new turbo, but low boost has been a problem, got to love gremlins