Atr headers or stock?

Turbo PeppeR

i have 2 sets of headers for my combo?Stock or Atr, my combo is same as below except for 14" k&n filter..I heard that the atr are no help with my combo,if thats true Ill put my stockers back on while Im putting a fresh turbo on the car. Thanks.

Stay with the stock ones for now. When you start running in the 10's them put the ATR's on.

Just my 02

Good Luck

Worst case, they slow the car down. Best case, they are wasted $$ for you. Stocks are fine (or if you want new headers, ATR's stock sized ones are nice. That's what I got.)

what's up????send ya a email but i guess you didint get it so we should meet up and talk going to the track on friday well tell me what you think

Turbo PeppeR, I agree with Chris keep the stock headers for now they will run you well into the tens. As your stock headers are off now would be a good time to check for cracks/leaks etc. I would also get them coated, wished I had done that on my last h/g change :D

I have had the atrs on the car for four years since fisrt adding the Te 44 so really had no way to compare since I made many changes at the same time.I have read a few negative things about adding headers before you run mid 10s may actually slow down the car...I have the down pipe off to replace turbo so could put my stock headers back on if needed...will need a cross over pipe though but no biggie.The ATr's are on,should I leave them or go back to stock?thanks.

If they are already on the motor just leave the ATRs on there, unlike popular belief they will not slow your car down, the hookers will because of the how big the tubes are, but ATR headers help unrestrict the exhaust, no matter what you here. I have them on my 87 , 85, and am putting them on my families 86 today. If you hadn't already bought them, I would say, keep the stockers, but if you've already spent the money just keep them, I never noticed any spoolup difference and actually noticed a decent gain on the topend pull. But that is just what I've noticed with my cars. Oh and the ATRs look 1000x better than nasty stockers. Good luck