ATR Exhaust and them going out of business

justabuickv6

There has been a lot of talk about ATR going out of business but there really hasn't been anyone confirming this. I am sure that some of TurboBuick board members personally know them. Can anyone confirm this?

If so, do you think that anyone might buy their stock? I would really like some Pitbull mufflers.

That would be shocking news to me also. They supply extrememely high end exhaust products for plenty of cars, i dont see how they could go under without mismanagement?

Later

i would like to buy a set of 4 bolt headers for stock style heads. if anyone gets to talk to them. Len

well there web sight is still up and going .are you sure your not thinking of terry houston because i heard that there warehouse was padlocked and was told i got the last 3" down pipe sold anywhere .no place else has one i found mine from jays g.n and he said it was the last one around .if atr and terry houston both go out of buisness whos going to make our down pipes ?????? i know atr stuff is currently being sold in jegs catalog .

Terry Houston is NOT out of business and not going out to my kowledge. They just got a new fabricator and I got some pipes in today. They are going out to customers that placed orders in the past couple weeks. We are alos expecting more in soon. ATR, I have no idea what is going on there.
Mike

good to know i like terrys down pipes they dont bind!!! yeah smaller puck size but no binding .i was just going by what i was told by whites racing and jays g.n. they said terry was done .thanks for clearing that up .

Atr

Well I got a 3" crossflow exhaust and muffler from ATR roughly 2 months ago and this was after the rumors started flying. It took about a month after I ordered it but was mainly due to the fact that they aren't keeping massive amounts of inventory on hand as in the past.

Tried calling their number today and it was temporarily disconnected (atr) If anyone has any info on how to get a hold of them it would be appreciated. Really would like a 3 inch exhaust.

I dont think they are going out of business but they are retooling and starting to cater to the ricer crowd.... and who could blame them. There are millions of ricers compared to thousands of the "niche" turbo buick guys.... They gotta do what they gotta do to survive - They probably will still make Buick stuff, like the past post said - they just wont keep as much on hand. I had my downpipe fixed about a month ago... no problems.

Royal-T-Ltd said:
I dont think they are going out of business but they are retooling and starting to cater to the ricer crowd.... and who could blame them. There are millions of ricers compared to thousands of the "niche" turbo buick guys.... They gotta do what they gotta do to survive - They probably will still make Buick stuff, like the past post said - they just wont keep as much on hand. I had my downpipe fixed about a month ago... no problems.
so you have the phones shut off while your retooling a few months after you file chapter 11. dream on

i dont know the phones must be recent. I just spoke to someone about a month ago [or less] about my damaged ATR downpipe. Then I SENT MY DOWNPIPE down there and guess what.... :eek: IT CAME BACK FIXED!!! now maybe within the last month they decided to fold. BUT WEVE HAD THIS THREAD BEFORE AND LAST TIME WE TALKED THEY WERE MOVING TOWARDS SERVING THE IMPORT MARKET!!! but maybe you have the inside tract on things ... so i humbly appologize ... iguess those keebler elves move down south and fixed my damn downpipe.

ok you got me. they must not be shut down if jegs is selling there stuff. i guess having the phone's numbers turned off to get direct orders was just a trick. who needs order's everyday after going chapter 11 anyway.

Just received an email that they are reorganizing and my order has been cancelled for the time being. Doesn't mean they are gone. Just have to wait longer. Hope they get this done soon.