atr down pipe.which wastegate?

earcher1

i have bought a used 3 in. atr downpipe from another board member.it came with what ive found out seems to be an old applied technologies wastegate.i dont know if it works or what size it is.but with the amount of money i have into my car i dont want to take any chances.i want a 46 mm gate.do they make wastegates that bolt right up to this pipe(two 2 bolt flanges) or do i have to fabricate to accomadate a different mounting style setup? thankyou in advance,ed :confused:

the tail 38 and turbonetics evolution (same gate but more $$) are bolt ins there are similar china gates on ebay , other than that you need to fabricate . if you want the 46 the precision pw46 will need you to do some cutting and welding for the v-band flanges and the pipe is smaller than 46mm so keep that in mind .
also the atr pipe came tight on the flange holes you can port that to free up the flow a little , if you run a gtq wheel youll want to open the pipe there as well since the flange is only 2.5"

Im gonna be running a pt 70 hpq bb.some of my setup details are:249 girdled stroker.gn1 heads,ported intake,70 mm acufab tb,1.6t&d rollers,212/220 roller cam,3in ate d/p,ate headers,3in.atr duals,precision front mount,95 lb injectors,reds double pumper:eek:,and so on.pretty sure im gonna a 46mm gate.does anyone have an opinion on what would be best as far as a gate for this set up?

per your request

Attachments

• 2011-01-14_11-08-07_108.jpg
    2011-01-14_11-08-07_108.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 198
i love my atr waste gate that comes with the ATR DP. I WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING BUT GO WITH THE HEAVER SPRING. BEEN RUNNING IT JUST LIKE IT CAME WITH 23LBS BOOST AND RUNNING 6.93 IN THE 1/8 FOR 1 YEAR WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. AS YOU CAN SEE FROM MY PIC UP TOP LOL

How caservicable what size it is or are they all the same in this application?I bought it used.and. how would I bench test it and are they servicable?