ATR Bar + SS Machine lowers = Clunks??

fullahotair

I just installed an ATR rear sway bar on my car and i also have the Southside Machine Lower control arms. Whenever i go over lets say a drainage channel (like into parking lot) in manner such that one rear tires hits the bump first and then the other, i get a Clunk as the first tire hits, and another clunk as the 2nd rear tire hits. This is all at about 1 mph. Not sure if it is the metal bushings in the arms or the bar moving? Anyone got some ideas?

As a little bit of history, I replaced the my old factory bar becuase it broke at one of bolt holes. So i crawled under and found that the nuts for the bolts that go through the control arm towards the front of the car worked their way off and went missing...thus probably why the factory bar broke. I have since installed new lock nuts and a lock washer on the arms. (i wonder if i tightened them too much and thats causing the clunks)

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Thanks
Nathyn

check the mounting of the bar is tight and the bolts
I had these on my mustang were not enough play went back to rubber bushing LCA unless there is something else worn out car is getting up in years!

Alan

I would not run Southsides on the street.I have seen many broken attach points because there is no give.If they have been on a while I would look at the frame perches and make sure they are not cracked.Check the bolts and make sure they are tight.HTH.

They have been on for some time, but the car doesn't get driven much. Also i seldom launch real hard. But i was thinking about going back to my boxed factory pieces and putting in some new bushings.

I checked out the perches the other night when i found the nuts missing and the appeared alright. But i'll certianly take a closer look.

I think you are right that the metal bushings are giving enough. Thanks for response!

Thanks,
Nathyn

Originally posted by fullahotair
They have been on for some time, but the car doesn't get driven much. Also i seldom launch real hard. But i was thinking about going back to my boxed factory pieces and putting in some new bushings.

I checked out the perches the other night when i found the nuts missing and the appeared alright. But i'll certianly take a closer look.

I think you are right that the metal bushings are giving enough. Thanks for response!

Thanks,
Nathyn

oh forgot about that that was another reason they came back off I had to reweld and box and just gave up sorry been a few years

Alan