atr 2.5 exhaust demand

mark b

Wondering since ATR is apparently no longer producing these if there is demand for used 2.5 stainless systems or has everyone moved on to bigger tubes?

I know I have a set of pipes stored somewhere, wondering if they are worth much.

Demand? dunno as others are making exhaust systems. Best bet would be to find them, snap a few pics, and post an add in the parts for sale section.

Not a lot of people do mandrel stainless. Lots do aluminized, hence I wondered. Agree with posting up but stainless pipe is an area of contention with many people. It never rusts, so cleaned up it looks like the day I bought it. For illustration, if it was $400 new, why would it be worth $200 now? It's not like something that wears. But the perception of many people is it's "used" and they want it for free. I wanted to save myself the aggravation if you know what I mean. I'd rather keep it in case I get another TR.

I don't think there is much of a need to really go bigger than 2.5 inch if you're not making some serious hp.

Most downpipes are 3 inch. In most cases, that's the bottleneck.
Two 2.5 inch pipes flow more than the downpipe.

justabuickv6 said:
I don't think there is much of a need to really go bigger than 2.5 inch if you're not making some serious hp.

Most downpipes are 3 inch. In most cases, that's the bottleneck.
Two 2.5 inch pipes flow more than the downpipe.

Ummmmm, that's NOT how it works...

strike

strikeeagle said:
Ummmmm, that's NOT how it works...

strike

That may not be how it works, but you would have to be running 10's before you could measure the performance difference between a mandrel bent dual 3" vs. a well made, non mandrel bent dual 2.5" system.

That should settle it. :p Couldn't we just use a a cut out pipe behind the DP if restriction becomes an issue.

darkred87T said:
That should settle it. :p Couldn't we just use a a cut out pipe behind the DP if restriction becomes an issue.

Yes, at the track. But what about the street? Or are we all to buy an in-car cut out gizmo, that messing with while under WOT could ultimately result in us rear ending the minivan in front of us?

Oh, and UNGN, the 3" MB WILL outperform a smaller non-MB exhaust. And it'll look better, and infinitely more macho, doing it. And that's from an ATR 3" SS duals snob. And when you're a snob like me, it doesn't matter by how much, it only matters that it's the best (and costs the most).

strike

:D

there are 2 1/2" SS systems out there .. just did one on the wifes car :biggrin:

strikeeagle said:
Yes, at the track. But what about the street? Or are we all to buy an in-car cut out gizmo, that messing with while under WOT could ultimately result in us rear ending the minivan in front of us?

Oh, and UNGN, the 3" MB WILL outperform a smaller non-MB exhaust. And it'll look better, and infinitely more macho, doing it. And that's from an ATR 3" SS duals snob. And when you're a snob like me, it doesn't matter by how much, it only matters that it's the best (and costs the most).

strike

:D
Well, when I go to the track, I can remove the cutout plate, and then put it back on before I leave (though I haven't tried a run with it off yet). Not that I don't play around a little bit on the street from time to time, but I don't really care much what difference the exhaust makes when I'm not at the track comparing my 1/4 mile times.