Atl - found a probably stolen 87 gn

84c10

If anyone in or around Atlanta lost a car in the past year or so, I think someone is trying to sell the shell right now.

I found this ad on craigslist: 1987 Buick Grand National Boby

After emailing for more info, got the following response:

-----------------------------------------------
Michael Tramel to me
show details 3:48 PM (2 hours ago)

There is no vin# because it is no interior, which the vin# attaches to, the extras are the blacked-out molding (trim) and heater box and extra rear lights, quarter panel glass etc. There is no mentions for a frame so of course not, there is no title because I am not selling a car, this is a "1987 GN Body".

Serious inquires only please. Thanks.
-------------------------------------------------

You'll notice, the rear wheelwell trim is still on, and the blackout tailights, things that anyone who was keeping parts from the car would take as being worth money. The reply of the vin being "attached to the interior" it completely bogus and not even close to true.

If anyone AT ALL knows an Atlanta area police officer, I think this car definitely needs to be checked out. It stinks of being stolen.

Sounds like Jim Seatons car. It was stolen several weeks ago. Go to TBS.com and post the info. This bastard needs to be hung.:mad:

Bull$hit deal here...
"There is no vin# because it is no interior, which the vin# attaches to". As mentioned: Vin tag does not attach to interior. No frame, so the vin can't be traced there, either.
Doraville has thier own police dept. Doraville is in Gwinnett county. A real hotbed for drugs, illegals, stolen cars. The county police have a good stolen car detail. If made aware of this, they may want to give this guy a "call".

Jims car is white. you think they repainted it?

Look at the pic of the left rear wheel well. Not sure if it's dust but that's why I said something. Looks like it's white in there. It's been 3 weeks since his was stolen so it's very possible someone was trying to resell the car after painting and instead decided to strip her down.

Can someone do a Google Earth and maybe get close with one of the camera's via the satellite? Might be worth a try, or even call and go and check it out? Take Jim along he will be able to identify if it is his car regardless of it being stripped or not...

I highly doubt its his car though...

Grumpy knows the car and said it isn't Jims. Sorry to say it isn't though. I'd like to nail the bastards that took either one of the cars.