ATF+3 Trans fliud...ok for use in 2004R?

Firechicken

Hello all, it looks like I joined a very imformative forum.

I had done a search but I couldn't find any threads with atf+3 (chrysler) trans fuid mentioned.

I have heard good things about the Chrysler trans fliud ATF +3 as being a very good alternative to DexronIII because of its heat range and lubrication qualities and I was wondering if any of you knew anything about this.

I have been using this fluid in my STOCK Th-350 (except for the b&m shift kit I installed in 1995 and a TCI 2800 stall converter), and even though It has very firm shifts when under heavy load, the trans lives. It is behind approximately 500HP, 600Ft/lb Pontiac 455 engine, and since it is the stock tranny that has never been rebuilt, it has logged upwards of 250,000Kms. I do have an auxillary cooler as well as a deep pan on the car with a large speaker magnet inside, which every year when I change the fluid is covered in metal filings. It works like a dream however I want to install an overdrive unit so I can actually travel with the car. Those 3.73s are a pain with a 3 speed.

So I am wondering if it is safe to use this stuff in a 2004r and if any of you have any experience with it.