Ate a Shelby for lunch

grey racer

livin the dream
Was driving on a 55mph road on my way home and saw this stang about half a mile in front of me. I was doing about 60 and slowly catching up to him.After a while I finally eased up on him and looked over and saw the Shelby emblems and slowed to his speed....he looked over, "game on ". I heard his pipes and he hit it a spit second before me.
I had shifted down to 3rd and rolled into the throttle and in no time at all he was in my rear view mirror and his image got smaller real quick. I let off and he pulled up next to me and made a
gesture that he wanted to try again....same results.
We then came to the traffic light at the end of the highway and he rolled down his window and wanted to talk...I pressed my electric window down and the pass. side window opened smartly and he asked "what do have in that thing "? I said a 6 cyl. !
He and his friend laughed thinking I was pulling his leg... he then turned into the gas station and for sure he still doesn't have a clue. Luv this 86 gn.

grey racer said:
he asked "what do have in that thing "?

He was definitely not a car guy if he had to ask. Thank God he didn't say nice monte though lol.... :tongue:

Good kill....

I always like hearing about a high dollar rod getting smoked by a little 6!! :cool: Nice kill, what mods are you running?

I tried to get a Shelby to go for it when I was testing my 61mm turbo after I put it on. He had a girl with him and just wouldn't play. Would have liked to kill him...

Bought the 86 gn in 09 and have logged 12,000 mi since....daily driver when not raining.
Have made 50 passes at track and best 11.81, 113, 1.59 60 ft. with fuel issues.
Installed XFI and discovered brand new fuel pump not performing. Pulled out and installed new Red Armstrong and WOW...whole new ball game. Looking forward to running w/new pump.

XFI tuned by Cal... super results...Not guessing or throwing parts at it and hoping it works......
Precision 62/62BB , 009 inj, Max Flow oil syst, 3" TH type DP, PTC 10", Razor Alky
Air Bags, Big K&N, MT 275/60/15 DR , centerlines all around, 2.5" duel exh, 200amp alt, fuel pres. sensor on XFI, boost contr interfaced w/XFI, Caspers hotwire

It was a late model Shelby, apparently just a regular GT. I'm not that familiar with how the Mustangs are rated.... Just saw Shelby on the drivers side of his car. It was red with black racing stripes running the length of the car from the grill to the trunk. Nice looking car, but it just couldn't keep up !!!