At today's Barrett-Jackson in Las Wegas....a GNX sold

Did you see the 11000 mile hardtop go for 31k and the t-top go for 41k (both before auction fee) :eek::eek::eek:

the guy says, "you used to could buy one of these for around 25k, but I think the bar has been reset, one of the most collectible." :eek::eek:

Just more damage done to the grass roots level of collectors and hobbyists.

Soon only millionaires will be able to afford it and all the small businesses will be no more to support our small community

Sorry but Barret Jackson has done more damage to the car hobby than anyone

hello; Did you see the 1970 GSX for 87 thou. I don't know witch one would you want? I'am undecided.
IBBY

I was in Las Vegas this week on business. On Weds., I went to the Imperial Palace classic car collection. Imperial Palace is across the street from Ceasars Palace, just about a mile north of where the Barrett-Jackson auction is going on. In the Imperial Palace collection, they have 2 GN's and GNX#12, which the sign said was once owned by Reggie Jackson. All cars there are for sale and GNX#12 was for sale for 95k. 1987 BUICK GNX - 5,000 MILES

Why would anyone pay 40k more for a GNX at the BJ auction??? You could have bought GNX#12 and a GN from the Imperial Palace collection for less than that. Go figure... people are nuts at that auction :0

The GSX at the auction was a non stage 1 automatic so it seemed to go for good money IMO. It looked like a very nice car!

Soon only millionaires will be able to afford it and all the small businesses will be no more to support our small community

I used to think that but not much anymore. You have to remember that the price of most of these cars is still less than what it would cost to restore the car to #1/#2 condition. In a way it may be helping the industry because more people are restoring cars that otherwise wouldn't have been restored. Ultimately the supply will outweigh the demand and prices will drop. The one major downside is people with cars that aren't that nice think they are worth alot more than they really are.

I heard a certain board member was in Vegas making sure the Buicks brought good money I think he was up in them guts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in Las Vegas this week on business. On Weds., I went to the Imperial Palace classic car collection. Imperial Palace is across the street from Ceasars Palace, just about a mile north of where the Barrett-Jackson auction is going on. In the Imperial Palace collection, they have 2 GN's and GNX#12, which the sign said was once owned by Reggie Jackson. All cars there are for sale and GNX#12 was for sale for 95k. 1987 BUICK GNX - 5,000 MILES

Why would anyone pay 40k more for a GNX at the BJ auction??? You could have bought GNX#12 and a GN from the Imperial Palace collection for less than that. Go figure... people are nuts at that auction :0

The GSX at the auction was a non stage 1 automatic so it seemed to go for good money IMO. It looked like a very nice car!

In the late 80's I was at Art Carr for some tranny service on my GN and Reggie's GNX was there (I am assuming it was the same car). Art gave me a ride during a test run and I will never forget it. What a sweet ride!
Jeff

i was there and all those buicks look brand spanking new. i saw the previous owners of the GSX and gave them a nice comment about their car.

Exactly, Craig Jackson can burn!:mad:

I am glad the value has gone up on my car, I don't see the point of bashing one guy over what, there has always been collectors and auctions. If you don't like the value of the car going up sell and buy a HONDA OR MUSTANG. OUR BUICKS ARE LIMITED NUMBER VEHICLES, THEY SHOULD GO UP IN VALUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin: