astro roof removal

blackdeath231

Going to redo my head liner this week end but I do not know how to remove the astro roof shade from the car. Does any know how to remove it?

Headliner for the astor roofs are not easy. I will recommend you seek porfessional installation.

I did mine. I pulled the whole Astro roof assy out of the car and put it on the floor. You can manually crank the glass forward or back. The shade will come out from the back through the top. Not much fun. If you are not used to tackling this in depth type of project, I would recomend taking it to a pro. It can save you a lot of frustration. On the other hand, material is cheap. Jo-Ann fabric sells it. You can do the whole thing for about $35 bucks. Take your time and it will come out good. :) Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. How does the whole assembly come out? Can you see the bolts after you remove the headliner?

blackdeath231 said:
Thanks for the reply. How does the whole assembly come out? Can you see the bolts after you remove the headliner?

Yep, everything is out in the open once the HL is out. Better get a friend to help you. That AR weighs a ton! Might as well replace the weatherstrip too that is if it looks like it needs one.