Art Carr 9in 16930

qikazel1

Is this convertor still a good choice? I see everyone going to PTC convertors, but I have a friend with an art carr I can have cheap. Running Aluminum heads, 218 roller cam, 6776 turbo, .63 housing, 3 in downpipe and exhaust.

That's very similar to my combo and that's the converter I have...works good for me

what rpm did you trap at collin ..what tire size and gears ..well whats left of them :)
if you turn it up dont expect the slip percentage to get better

the ptc from dusty is around 5% and holding at 139 trap im just under 5900 on 28 tire 342 gear

but ptc will run 950.00 that ac will be higher slip , depends on how hard Op plans to lean on his combo in his sig :Running Aluminum heads, 218 roller cam, 6776 turbo, .63 housing, 3 in downpipe and exhaust. .
that combo should run 135-140 through the traps

if its cheap and clean and ptc $$ is in the budget give it a try , just remember any used converter should be flushed out or rebuilt before throwing in unless you know it to be from a good working trans , fluid clean, was fine when it was running and was capped right after pulling .

Last edited:
275 60 Mt pros, stock gears, right at 6000 according to the log...steel crank now, spinning it doesn't scare me, peak power is around 5800 but it only loses about 8 hp at 6000...never pulled it past that with the stock short block...if he can get it for cheap I say it's a good working converter...if he gets to the point that a few hundredths matter he can decide if he needs to spend new money

Looked at my log and to be exact the FAST said I dropped off the hammer at 5950.

275 60 Mt pros, stock gears, right at 6000 according to the log...steel crank now, spinning it doesn't scare me, peak power is around 5800 but it only loses about 8 hp at 6000...never pulled it past that with the stock short block...if he can get it for cheap I say it's a good working converter...if he gets to the point that a few hundredths matter he can decide if he needs to spend new money

with 5950 trap at 129.9 /28 tire/3.42 assuming 3rd gear on the 2004r... you're at 15% slip which is around where i found mine to be at same power level back when i ran the stock rotating assembly

off topic but those mickey pros seem to be the new must try tire on the drag radial scene , you and JD both had nice 60s at bg with them, and hes been 1.38 with his

My buddy Ronnie's (Team Banana, aka chit talker) T has gone 1.28 on them...This was my 1st track outing on them, bought them used and DAMN I think I'm in love...I was only running 22 psi in 1st and 2nd gear, I'm pretty sure once I get the rear properly reinforced it's going 1.3's with more boost.

The pass it broke I finally brought it out hard enough to spin them, a couple of revolutions and they recovered something I've not seen other radials do.