ARP head bult problems

84 hot air

Picked up ARP's part number 123-4003 head studs and tried to install them on my '84 hot air Buick, but the head studs were too long. Is there a specific part number for the correct studs or is user error?

I have now run into the same problem, shame on me for trusting the vendor and not checking here. Oh well, minor setback. Ordering the 123-4001 as I have stock heads. Luckily my 2 years ago purchased 4003 set can go to my 87 restore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I had ARP to custom make up a pack for my '84 GN. If it wasn't for the help of Richard Clark I would be running factory bolts. I will post the part number and how many of each when I get home. If u guys can hold, currently at work now.

You can get the correct arp bolts from TA performance fyi

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

ARP quality? They're ARP bolts so....

Call them they have then on the shelf and usually ship sane day

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For those of u that want thr ARP Bolt, text me. My phone won't let me upload the pics of the order sheet I had. Then I can text the pic straight to ur phone, just let me know when u text that u want the bolts. 336-504-5544

I have a set of new ARP Head Studs # 123-4003, I bought thinking they would work. Once i seen that they wouldnt, didnt need them. Wish somebody was close by I could sale the to. Lol

Last edited:
Had the same issue from ta's bolt set all u had to do is ad a extra washer to the 2 bolts on the ends they need to be a lil shorter even in the head bolt kit

Had the same issue from ta's bolt set all u had to do is ad a extra washer to the 2 bolts on the ends they need to be a lil shorter even in the head bolt kit
Just a thought, do you trust a stacked washer to give you the consistent required clamping force you need, with the known issues these cars have with head gaskets? I am not sure I would trust it long term.

Both my cars are this way with cosmetic gaskets one on 15 lbs that spiked the other day 19 no leaks yet lol