Are they still doing emissions in Chicago area?

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
Anybody know if they are still doing emission testing in Cook county Illinois? Someone told me they had stopped doing it. If this is true, I'm going to plate my car in Illinois!

Pre-96 cars are no longer tested. :cool:

If you live in the sticks like I do, nothing gets tested. :)

Now THAT is AWESOME!!! Wow I'm so glad because it would be so much work trying to get my car to pass. Awesome thanks...that made my day.

TADA!!!

All right Don, let's get that car to the track and race!!!
10.87 @ 125 1st pass off the street is what I'm predicting for you car.
:cool:

Patrick

I live in Carpentersville and you need to have a valid pass emissions test as of either 12/31/06 or 1/31/07. If not you will be tested again. Brad.

Well that's not what I want to hear! Can anyone confirm this? What county is Carpentersville in? I'm not entirely familiar with this area yet.

My friend is in a similar situation, he has an 89 Supra, and he was all happy that his car wouldn't be tested anymore, but he still got a notice. So maybe this 12/06 or 1/07 thing has some truth behind it.

"The 1995 and older vehicles will not have to test anymore as long as they're currently in compliance," said Maggie Carson, a spokesperson for the IEPA.

Owners of 1995 and older model vehicles who did not pass their most recent emissions tests, or received a waiver, still will be required to have their vehicles tested. "

Maybe that has something to do with it as well. If you failed your last test or didn't go, you still have to go for one last test.

I know I passed the last test because I didn't have any mods on my car. They sure as hell better not call me to test now. :)

Just move south a little. My brother lives in Demotte because that county doesn't have the same emissions testing that you do way up north in Valpraiso. Housing decision made by a true car guy!

Hey is that Brians brother I see?
That you 1 quik6?

Small world.
Patrick here, and Don was my other former co-worker when we worked at PTE with Brian.
How's that TTA coming along?

Patrick

Hey is that Brians brother I see?
That you 1 quik6?

Small world.
Patrick here, and Don was my other former co-worker when we worked at PTE with Brian.
How's that TTA coming along?

Patrick

Yeah, I guess I'll admit to being Brians brother. The TTA is still in storage since we've had over 4 feet of snow in the last 2 weeks. I have a 3000 stall T/C sitting on the shelf, 3" down pipe on order, 50psi injectors, but car is 60 miles away. Man I'm ready for winter to be done.

I think I'm going to get the new PTE turbo from Brian next year.;) Just can't justify putting to much into the car all at once. Especially since I've only had the car to the track once in all the years I've owned it.

All I need to do is make sure I stay ahead of Brians Lightning. He ran a 13.75 last fall and already plans aluminum heads an is redoing the bottom end. If his tow truck beats me I would REALLY be embarrased :frown:

Good to hear from you!

I gotta mess with em.....

Yeah, he mentioned that he wanted to run me in my Evo with his Lightening.
I don't know, he's gonna have to find 1 second and 3 tenths if he wants to beat the Evo. :biggrin: Sounds like I need to call him and give him a hard time. Hey Brian, if you're reading this, get to work on that Mustang. ;) Racing season is almost over. :biggrin: :biggrin:

I talked to him about your TTA a couple of weeks ago, keep me posted on it.

Sorry to hijack your thread Don Wahn. :redface:
BTW, Don, quit chasin women so much, we got some racing to do this year. :p
It's only going to make your car more jealous.

Patrick