Are these original or reman?

jiho2

Sporadic Poster
Are this ECM and MAF original '85 production units or remans? The MAF appears to have an '84 part number on it, were these also used in '85s? (The grunge by the connector is from a bar code sticker.)

Attachments

• dsc00507.jpg
    dsc00507.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 164
  • dsc00505.jpg
    dsc00505.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 163
Gm on ECM, I'd say gm on maf too but not too sure on maf cardones have come in with factory stickers as well.

Do you happen to know why the original GM MAFs had (and remans still have) different part numbers for '84 versus '85?

The ECM pictured above is '85, but the top number on the MAF says '84, as far as I know....

No clue, from what I've seen they are interchangeable anyway. Gm has done that sort of stuff for years. The dealers sold a different part number for the 7pin ignition module on my 82 omega than the one for an 86 s10 eventhough they were the same. Look at spark plugs r44s for a small block had a different factory number than ones for a 4.3 eventhough only difference was the gap. GM tries to be more specific than they had to be for years which is why you have things like this come up.

I know, but then you have cases where there IS a difference, and how do you know? GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

You want my advice? I ask people lol. I usually dont know what interchanges, I either ask people or try it lol. I have enough ECMs laying aroud that I can afford to screw up a couple lol.

I meant by each part. Like I found out from trial and error the 86 IAC works on hotairs no problem, digital dash cars are already wired for map sensors, other neat info like that lol :p

The MAF looks like a reman unit. I have (5) 84-85 MAFs in the garage. One Brand new in the box and non have the hourglass shape this one has. All are straight thru, without restrictions, designs. I think I will go out and take a pic of all of them to be sure. :)

and with the mafs mine still had factory sticker on it and looked just like that on the outside, but inside was straight through

non have the hourglass shape this one has
The pic is deceptive, this one is not an hourglass shape. That's just a little bump in that one spot on the underside, for a screw to secure the sensor board.

Here's another pic.

Attachments

• dsc00508.jpg
    dsc00508.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 106
Yes, I have the whole intake, including MAF bracket.

So the sticker didn't look like the plastic one on the underside of mine? Was yours a paper sticker on top of the lid, or what?

Was that the original MAF that came in your car from the factory, or a service replacement? Do you know the part number?

Sorry, seems like a lot of questions....