are these hot air kb headers?

fullahotair

Hey guys, I am potentially looking to pick up these headers and pipes. The seller and myself are uncertain of the make of these headers, so i thought i would ask around to see what kind of info i can dig up. We suspect they are kenne bell headers. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

kb headers?

thanks, Nathyn

thanks for the response chad, I don't know what the carb setup looks like to be honest, but i thought these look like they would fit the hot-air engine by trying to visualize the pieces on the engine.... does anyone have KB headers and can tell me if this what their system looks like..??

Thanks,
Nathyn

Nathyn,

I don't own a set, but those look just like a set of headers that I had been looking at buying a about a year ago, I compared the pic I got from the seller back then, to the pic you have, and they are the same configuration. I wasn't able to get the whole kit at the time, just headers. Wasn't what I wanted to do.

FWIW. I would say, without seeing them, that you guessed right. They do look like they are in need of a good cleaning, though. ;)

Where the ones you were looking supposed to be KB headers???...from what i have read, KB are supposed to be some of the best flowing pieces

Yeah they are a little dirty, but nothing a wire wheel won't fix:D

They look like Bowling Greem Customs headers to me.
Don't really know for sure or how many they made.
Not KB headers tho. :D

I just got through taking my stock headers off my 84 TType, and these are definately the aftermarket design. I wasn't aware that KB has a header setup for Hot Air turbos. One item of interest, the crossover pipe looks to be a two piece setup. I am only aware of the stock 86 - 87 GN's to have that type of setup.

KB headers
They look exactly like the KB headers on my 85T.
Dale

Your right Dale. looked at the pics again.
KB headers.

:D

I too had heard that the KB headers flowed well. But when I was looking, I found a pair by themselves, not with crossover, etc. So I didn't want to be stuck trying to find those odd pieces. Decided that I would go with ATR stainless, figure I can get those easy enough.

Nathyn

Sorry for the late reply, I mailed you. Those are KB headers. Im really impressed w/ the welding quality and thick flanges. Make sure you clean those up. I have a jet-hot type powder coat on mine and they look really good. Any more ?'s mail me.
Later
Jason

thanks everyone for helping me identify these parts. This site is a great resource. Thanks again for everyone' time and effort.

Nathyn