Are these coil overs any good?

Are you sure those are double adj?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think I read it wrong. It is 2 sets but singles. Thanks for the heads up. I was quoted $800 for double afcos.

I think double QA1 is about 62620 I think on Summit Begs or other places

Found them on umi's site and a few others. Looks like it is about 610$ for a set. Or you can spend almost a grand on afco bnc's from trz by the time you buy everything. Might be overkill though on a mid 9 sec car.

I'd suggest you ask any supplier if the shocks have a dyno sheet with them. [Or, if they are even a matched set.]
No point in having to guess what you have.;)
I had a set of QA Stocker Stars on my 86. A local stock car guy ran them on his shock dyno....Not even close.

The afcos will come with custom valving and be set up. I'd hope they would be matched.

It kinda depends on what your car ends up needing for front suspension travel. There are plenty of 8 and 9 second cars making it work with the QA1's. If you tie the front end down, then the shock matters less. If you have a better shock, you can use it to control the front end and rely less on travel limiters. Just don't buy the beehive springs from qa1. Get the conversion perches from TRZ and use a Strange Hypercoil spring. I had qa1 springs (2.5" coilover type) up front on mine and had zero downtravel becuase they had no space between coils. I have a set of the same rate Hypercoils now and there is a big difference in how they are wound (less coils, smaller wire).

Don't forget about Strange coilover shocks too. They are a pretty good shock priced in between the qa1 and the afco.

Thanks for all that Mike!
What lb springs did you end up with?

10"-400lb. But I think my car is a bit heavy at ~3475 with driver. I'm working on that though.

Did you have any of those springs left you were selling? (I think that was you)

I'd suggest you ask any supplier if the shocks have a dyno sheet with them. [Or, if they are even a matched set.]
No point in having to guess what you have.;)
I had a set of QA Stocker Stars on my 86. A local stock car guy ran them on his shock dyno....Not even close.

Can you explain what a shock dyno is/does?