are these brakes good???

artmor79

Hello everyone i got me a t-type!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
got this brake set up i have never worked on before...any input on if i shall keep it or go vacuum?????

Hello everyone i got me a t-type!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
got this brake set up i have never worked on before...any input on if i shall keep it or go vacuum?????
opps hit the wrong button

Attachments

• HPIM2800.jpg
    HPIM2800.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 192
  • HPIM2795.jpg
    HPIM2795.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 188
  • HPIM2792.jpg
    HPIM2792.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 195

the car is a 83 i got a 87 grill for it and a nice engine the car had no engine in it and had been sitting for a long time till i got a hold of

Attachments

• HPIM2642.jpg
    HPIM2642.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 187
  • HPIM2803.jpg
    HPIM2803.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 187
  • HPIM2650.jpg
    HPIM2650.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 188
thats a hydroboost system. best damn system they make. dont change it. you will be able to hold lots of boost on that setup :)

Solenoid? I don't think I have ever seen a brake system with a solenoid.
If you are talking about that device between the master cylinder and the firewall, that is the power booster. It gets pressure from the power steering pump.

The hydroboost is fabulous.
As long as the motor is running, you have power brakes.
Wonderfully reliable.
Guessing it was standard equipment, you should keep it.
Parts ought to be easy to come by.
The fluid in it is wasted.

If you plan on putting it back into service, I highly recommend either getting rebuild units or rebuilding those.

Hydroboost Conversion

That Isn't A Solenoid, It Is The Reserve Pressure Accumulator. The Older Ones Had An Internal Accumulator. That Is The One Pictured. If It Has Low Miles On It, We Could Rebuild It. The Internal Accum Units Hd Loose Spol Valves In Them, And With A Lot Of Miles The Spools Won't Hold The Boost Pressure. We Could Disassemble It And See, Or Set It Up With A Later Unit. Any Way The Hydroboost Is The Best Way To Go. The Steering Box Will Have To Be Exchanged Also, With That Rust Inside. The Rust Will Come Back Up Into The System And Jam The Pump Relief Valve. Just Start Out With All Fresh Components.

That Isn't A Solenoid, It Is The Reserve Pressure Accumulator. The Older Ones Had An Internal Accumulator. That Is The One Pictured. If It Has Low Miles On It, We Could Rebuild It. The Internal Accum Units Hd Loose Spol Valves In Them, And With A Lot Of Miles The Spools Won't Hold The Boost Pressure. We Could Disassemble It And See, Or Set It Up With A Later Unit. Any Way The Hydroboost Is The Best Way To Go. The Steering Box Will Have To Be Exchanged Also, With That Rust Inside. The Rust Will Come Back Up Into The System And Jam The Pump Relief Valve. Just Start Out With All Fresh Components.

hello sir i was wondering about this braking system i am going to take it all apart and i will post some more pic's that way you can see if it is rebuildable or if i shall just find a newer one and the steering box well i will have to look for a better one at a local boneyard.