Are my injectors too small?

B00stJunkie

I just acquired and had installed a 6262 a fmic 3" dp. I have a single nozzle meth kit, power plate ported intake and running 42# injectors with an aftermarket fuel pump and Hotwire kit. I have read many people upgrade to 60# injectors with their 6262. I have stock heads and bottom end. My question is, are 60s needed with what I have listed or does having the stock heads springs and cam make the 60s not worth having considering I'm not pushing more air into the cylinders? Would 60s make my car run rich with the stock heads? Should I upgrade my heads and cam first? Tia

1. You can be "pushing" more air w/ the bigger turbo.
2. Do you have data logging, so you can look at inj duty cycle?
3. "Stock" springs, means what? New, original stock, or?
4. Stock heads won't make it run "rich". Problems, such as bad tune, etc, will.
Until you have data to see where the current tune/duty cycle is, it's a guess.

My question is, are 60s needed with what I have listed
the sizing of the injector should match with a cushion the power you are looking to make and afr target.i personally would go up in injector as the 62/62 turbo will require more fuel than 42s can support when turned up.you can keep the boost lower on the 62 if you continue to run the 42s and upsize the injector and chip when you a looking to turn the boost up.

I have stock heads and bottom end.
unless you planned on doing heads cam to go faster later,you went too big with the 62/62.your turbo, injectors, fuel system should be set up for et,power goals.the 44 responds much better on a stock motor.

unless you planned on doing heads cam to go faster later,you went too big with the 62/62.your turbo, injectors, fuel system should be set up for et,power goals.the 44 responds much better on a stock motor.

I'm doing a complete motor rebuild soon. Ported heads cam forged internals etc. I just was looking to see if right now as it sits, stock spec motor and heads, would 60# injectors be beneficial or not.

1. You can be "pushing" more air w/ the bigger turbo.
2. Do you have data logging, so you can look at inj duty cycle?
3. "Stock" springs, means what? New, original stock, or?
4. Stock heads won't make it run "rich". Problems, such as bad tune, etc, will.
Until you have data to see where the current tune/duty cycle is, it's a guess.

You use quotations a lot

Keep the 62mm, do the 60s and the heads, and a converter that was never mentioned ..
Without the right converter its gonna feel like your towing a boat...

Keep the 62mm, do the 60s and the heads, and a converter that was never mentioned ..
Without the right converter its gonna feel like your towing a boat...
Unfortunately I have no idea what converter I have. I bought the car with whatever converter was put in by the original owner. A friend of mine said I could find out by holding the brake and gas. I put the scan master on rpm mode and the tires didn't spin until 2450rpm. He said it's most likely a 2600 stall? Idk I have plans for my car but just seeing with the 6262 if my 42# were too small .

Unfortunately I have no idea what converter I have. I bought the car with whatever converter was put in by the original owner. A friend of mine said I could find out by holding the brake and gas. I put the scan master on rpm mode and the tires didn't spin until 2450rpm. He said it's most likely a 2600 stall? Idk I have plans for my car but just seeing with the 6262 if my 42# were too small .
If its a 9.5/10" its probably 2800 and your in better shape, if its a 12" its not going to work good with a 6262 and stock heads,
42's and a 6262 you will be on the edge if you run the boost up, not worth the chance if you race. its worth the investment for 60s and a fuel system upgrade..

Amen to V6sleeper , I just upgraded to a ta49 , 60 lbs and a front mount . I really like the set-up . I have a stock tranny and converter . But as we know with our cars that we are never finished with up grades , Like my wife ask " Does it ever end ? "

I recently upgraded from 42# Lucas injectors to the 60# Siemens flow matched from TurboTweak. Idle feels a lot better and it won't affect your setup. I've got Walbro fuel pump from KirbanPerformance, Racetronix fuel pump hot wire kit, and Accufab Fuel Pressure Regulator (I wish I would've gone with Kirban's after all of the failure I've heard about Accufab). TA49 turbo, 3" down pipe, stock tranny and converter, stock location intercooler.
Very happy with the set up.... Killed a 2014 Camaro SS .. Happy [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: