Arab Perspective on the USA

TurboJunky

Fire the Federal Gov't
The quality is low but if you have time to listen to these Arab Television feeds you'll get their perspective on the United States and our "aggression" in Iraq. The reporter outlines how many civilians have been "massacred" by the US, how the attack against Iraq is a US-Zionist coalition, how the US is suffering "heavy losses", the high numbers of world protesters and how the Arab world needs to rise together to fight the aggressors. The breaks inbetween the reporting outline how the US & Israel have committed "crimes against humanity" in such places as Hiroshima and Afghanistan.

Enjoy.....

RealPlayer is required for the video feeds to play:

http://www.manartv.com/html/live/livefeed.html

theres at least 2 sides of everything, and your the only other person i know of who has thought of/mentioned that. Its very likely that we aren't being told the whole truth, i'm not sayign were being fed a bunch of lies, but i'm sure theres more to be known than what we as normal citizens know. the iraque media is probably not telling the whole truth to their people either.
I'm not sayign this is happening, but hypothetically if we were just getting out a$$es whooped over there loosing every other operation, were not going to hear that, were going to hear about what went right, it will likely be exagerated and there going to downplay what went wrong, sopousing anythign like that happend, its called propaganda and everyone uses it. they have us thinking sudam is the worst tyrant the world has ever seen, but to the loyan iraques they likely see bush the same way.

I have my views on things which are very strong, however I have the wherewithal to at least listen to the other side. I'm a big fan of talk radio and will listen to the opposing view to get a full perspective on the entire situation. After doing so, you're INFORMED which allows you to make educated decisions.

If we were out there slaughtering people why would we leave the Power and Water running? Why have we not just carpet bombed the city?

These people arent even people when compared to the US. They are 1000s of years behind us in evolution.

They take what they can get....

The only Iraqi military successes so far are:

Iraqi's pretending to surrender open up with artillery on US marines, killing 10.

Iraqi's Ambush a convoy of mechanics that can't read a map, capturing/killing 12.

Iraqi's Shoot and kill marines from the window of a hospital

Iraqi farmers "Shoot down" an Apache that manages to put its landing gear down before it "crashes" capturing 2.

A brainwashed muslim (the religion of peace :rolleyes: ) american rolls a grenade into the tent of his sleeping superiors, then picks them off with a rifle, killing 1. "they were not gonna let him fight, because of his last name" his momma said. No Sh1t lady, he'd rather kill americans than Iraqi's.

Mechanical failure, mistakes and fragging has killed more coalition troops than the Iraqi's.

Yea, I agree. But if you guys have a little time on your hands listen to the news broadcasts on the link I posted. Hear how their version of the "facts" differ from our and the propaganda they spew designed to create deep hatred for our country. It's especially evident in the breaks in between the broadcasts.

YOU ARE SIMPLY LISTENING TO A PACK OF LIES. YES, YOU ARE LISTENING TO THE OTHER SIDE. THIS IS CALLED PROPOGANDA. WATCH CARTOONS, INSTEAD. IF YOU WANT TO AMUSE YOURSELF, FINE. IF YOU BELIEVE ANY OF IT, YOU'RE JUST PLAIN GULLIBLE.

I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE SOME OF THE COMMENTS I HEARD ABOVE GIVING ANY CREEDANCE TO THE PROPOGANDA. :rolleyes: GET A GRIP!

Re: They take what they can get....

Originally posted by UNGN
Iraqi's Ambush a convoy of mechanics that can't read a map, capturing/killing 12.

Can someone answer this ,,,why were they traveling alone and not with a group of at least 100 marines...
And Ebay has GPS for like under $200:( :(

Re: Re: They take what they can get....

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r
Can someone answer this ,,,why were they traveling alone and not with a group of at least 100 marines...
And Ebay has GPS for like under $200:( :(

WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES. POSSIBLY AN EQUIPMENT FAILURE? UNFORTUNATELY, THIS COST SOME LIVES. THEY ENDED UP IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME. :(

I am confident we are doing the right thing and the world will be a better place without Saddam.
But -
If you don't think the US would present a balanced report on the outcome of the war, you must have missed the Vietnam War on television...Not much propoganda there. We were not winning that war, and it was fairly evident on the television every night...Right up to the moment we pulled out..

Our casuaty reports are very accurate. We have free press traveling with alot of divisions. Most times, we hear of casualties before the White House releases the info.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
YOU ARE SIMPLY LISTENING TO A PACK OF LIES. YES, YOU ARE LISTENING TO THE OTHER SIDE. THIS IS CALLED PROPOGANDA. WATCH CARTOONS, INSTEAD. IF YOU WANT TO AMUSE YOURSELF, FINE. IF YOU BELIEVE ANY OF IT, YOU'RE JUST PLAIN GULLIBLE.

I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE SOME OF THE COMMENTS I HEARD ABOVE GIVING ANY CREEDANCE TO THE PROPOGANDA. :rolleyes: GET A GRIP!

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! These people have so much hatred for America and Americans in general that you will NOT get any "facts" from there so called "media". I have read more about this subject then you could possibly realize. I'm here to tell you that YOU WILL NOT get ANY unbiased reporting from these animals. Just look at the reporting thus far from there "media" outlets overseas, and you can see what I mean.

I've been avoiding this war subject like the plague, but:
If you don't think the US would present a balanced report on the outcome of the war, you must have missed the Vietnam War on television...
No, I don't, and no, I didn't...

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! These people have so much hatred for America and Americans in general that you will NOT get any "facts" from there so called "media".

you won't get many "facts" from OUR media either. Our gov't only tells us what they think we need (read:WANT) to know (just like THEIR gov't), and all our media is concerned with is ratings. If the news don't suit THEM, they'll make some up....

Just ask a soldier:
Originally posted by 6banger (in the "Pitiful" thread)
I hope the media dosen`t blow this out of proportion as they did when I was a Sgt. in the USMC during Desert Shield/Desert Storm, just to make ratings.
I remember being in a hangar working on KC-130`s(stateside), we had on a radio as the air campaign started. There were around 10 of us, we happened to have a local television reporter with a camera crew there as it started. We stopped what we were doing to listen, next thing I knew the cameras were rolling and we were on TV.She hyped up her report up so much it made me look at the news in a completely different perspective. She used adjectives such as anxiously, nervously, cautiously, ect. in her report.(Look lady all we`re doing is listening to what was going on!) None of us at all felt the way she was describing us AT ALL. Pay attention to the reporters and what they say, you`ll see the hype also.

All the Iraqi people know about US is what they've been told by their gov't & media, usually via TV & newspapers... and not ironically, it's exactly the same way with us.

Bless our troops, and I hope their job ends soon, because I for one won't even PRETEND to know what's REALLY going on over there.

All the Iraqi people know about US is what they've been told by their gov't & media, usually via TV & newspapers... and not ironically, it's exactly the same way with us.

theres a diffrence, they hate us. we dont "hate them" we hate sadam, and this is what we get for trying to liberate them little rag heads.

Originally posted by Buick From Hell
I've been avoiding this war subject like the plague, but:

No, I don't, and no, I didn't...

you won't get many "facts" from OUR media either. Our gov't only tells us what they think we need (read:WANT) to know (just like THEIR gov't), and all our media is concerned with is ratings. If the news don't suit THEM, they'll make some up....

Just ask a soldier:

Bless our troops, and I hope their job ends soon, because I for one won't even PRETEND to know what's REALLY going on over there.

Ok.......about "just ask a soldier". I hope you're joking. Because of one bad experience, you judge ALL media the same???

I see you have "been avoiding this war subject like the plague" as quoted above, well if you have been watching the reporters IN THE FIELD, on just about ANY news network, it's kinda hard to skrew up the "facts" as you say when it's coming to you on live TV. Kinda hard to "make up" war news when it's live. And just FYI, I was a soldier myself for 9 years, so please don't make a statement like "I for one won't even PRETEND to know what's REALLY going on over there" because i'm not "PRETENDING" to know anything I haven't seen myself or taken into carefull consideration. I just think it's funny that there are so many people willing to pre-judge the gov't and media without getting all the facts.

Originally posted by Buick From Hell

Come on Kevin, it's the same way with us? You think our media is the same as theirs? I totally disagree. If I said the middleeastern news agencies (al jazerra etc.) distort the truth, would be a gross understatement. Those people thrive on lie after lie. I'd judge most media here to be at least slightly slanted against the government so I wouldn't expect them not to report a US misdeed. We don't have a need to know every detail of what's going on over there. But I think we know what we need to know. ;)

Originally posted by Red Regal T

Easy there.... I'm not sure if you're addressing me but let me assure you, I believe almost NONE of it. What I was addressing is the fact there's always 2 sides to every story. Seeing the situation through their eyes makes it clearer why they hate us so much. It's the propaganda machine at it's best.

Originally posted by hot6-231
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! These people have so much hatred for America and Americans in general that you will NOT get any "facts" from there so called "media". I have read more about this subject then you could possibly realize. I'm here to tell you that YOU WILL NOT get ANY unbiased reporting from these animals. Just look at the reporting thus far from there "media" outlets overseas, and you can see what I mean.
This is the very reason I posted that link so those here can see it for themselves. My jaw was on the floor hearing that garbage spew from a FEMALE (!) news commentator. Aren't those the same people who give females the same respect as the family dog?