Apollo project GSiX

rwcarnut

Ok so after 13 years of sitting around watching everyone else have their fun it was time to find some room in the shop and get started.

I have been collecting parts and building this in my mind for years. My son is almost driving age and this is an incentive to get of the video games and work and drive/race a real car. Don't think I have lost my mind, this is my car he can build his own.:lol:
Plan is to get this on the road minus the paint and body work and get all the bugs worked out and then blow it apart and make it nice. Mostly plan to AutoX but won't back down to take it anywhere and open it up.
GSiX comes from combining GSX and the Turbo 6 the dot the i will be the turbo six logo.
The plan:
Buick Turbo 6
FAST engine controller
Switch pitch 400
Updated suspension and braking
Updated interior with some GN parts
Drive the crap out of it!
WP_20140921_002_zps9d4d7b0d.jpg

engine set in for fittment, BGC intake, ATR stainless headers, 67 turbo, powerstroke intercooler

must not weight the same as the weak straight 6 it replaced nose bleed high in front

This might help, CPP c5 spindles, SPC upper arms,hotchkis front drop springs, C5 brakes

that's looking better

Cool project! Make those side vents fuctional too!

One of my best friends in high school had a 73 Apollo and my brother has a 73 omega ! Love to see the other x-body with drivetrain upgrades!!

I like it!
been running this thru my mind for quite some time.
post more updates as you go!

He's got a mild built olds 350 with the mondello oil mods and a engle street cam , and 725 road demand!! Im talking him into putting a 200r4 w/some 373 in the back to wake it up for some street fun !!!

That's a super cool project! I like your out of the box thinking, it's defiantly going to turn some heads!

Ok it's been a little while since I've updated and been getting some work done, just not enough time to keep up with this so I am going to break it down into sections.

Drivetrain is mounted, and this is what I did for the engine mounts. Since this engine was never offered in this subframe I had to get creative. I also did not want to use stock rubber engine mounts because they are known tot be weak and fail.

I am very happy with the engine placement even though it was very tight. I can't believe how much real estate this little six takes up. I originally wanted to go the 455 route and decided this would fit better, not so sure now.

Could not get the stock manifolds to clear the steering box, so I found a set of ATR stainless 4 bolt headers and they fit like they were made for the swap.

Crossover pipe to upper a-arm pivot is close, but I have some delrin bushings coming that shoud give just a little more room.

Started with the engine mounts, energy suspension bushings

Then moved on to the frame pads, they had to extend back from the subframe but this also pushed the engine almost behind the crossmember I like the set back.

Also bought a TIG welder and am trying to get it figured out, not the best but...

Transmission crossmember also did not work due to set back so I fab one up it will get it posted as well, stay tuned...